Got my radiator today. Pics enclosed

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by jfor441, Jun 13, 2007.

1. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

I ordered the Mishimoto radiator from Americanmuscle.com last week. I wasn't home yesterday when it was delivered so I got it today. I got the radiator for 199 shipped. It's all aluminum. I figured what the hell and I would give it a chance. Its cheaper than what I have found for a stock replacement and if it wokrs good then I saved a few bucks. Here are some pics. They were taken with my cell phone so they are not the best quality. I will be installing it this weekend along with my MM full length subframe connectors and will let ya'll know how the radiator works out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

NIOCE! Mine has a few dinged up fins i may replace it. Motor guys musta bounced mine around a bit and dinged it.

3. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

I am really hoping this cures my problem of when I turn the AC on my car starts to overheat. Getting too damn hot here in Alabama

4. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Not bad at all for the price, good luck...

5. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

Re: Got my radiator today. Pics enclosed **Quick Update**

I got the radiator installed yesterday. I had to make some modifications because the fan I got was for a 97 mustang GT and mine is a 96. After installing I turned the AC on and went for a drive. The temp guage never got above just barely touching the R in NORMAL. Temps outside were in the mid 90's. Today I drove home on the interstate with ac on max. Usually after only driving for about 20 minutes I would have to turn the ac off because the car would start heating up. Again today, the needle never got above barely touching the R in NORMAL. So... for 200 shipped the radiator is working better than expected. I will update again in a couple of months.

6. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

Looks good, i must put one on my list of mods. :)

7. zeestraten46

zeestraten46 New Member

who needs a/c you go fast enough you cool down anyways nice I got mine for a good price also!

8. scarface

scarface Guest

what was the total shipped price? 200 total?

9. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

Was actually 199 from americanmuscle.com

Just to let ya'll know, I have been able to run my AC since Saturday. Temps here in Bama have been in the mid 90's. Stop and go traffic with AC on max my temp gauge has only gotten to the middle of the R in normal. Previously, car always ran between the R and the M.

10. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

i may need to get one of these...

11. Grnstang

Grnstang Member

Where did you find that for 199??? I saw those same rads for about 350. I was going to save up for one, but hell, if they're only 199 I'll take one now....Let me know where you bought it. Thanks....Looks good by the way O0

12. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

i dont mean to be cruel, but seeing as that radiator has an asian name on it, i would not put it in my stang for that sole reason. Doesent feel right to have something asian made in an american car.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

13. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be suprised if a lot of the "american" companies who most of us buy from got their parts made in some other country.

14. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

Got it from americanmuscle.com

15. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

I agree man, but I needed a radiator because the stock one sucked ass, a stock replacement was nearly as much money. I looked on americanmuscle.com and they had an ALL aluminum radiator for 199 shipped. It's a 2 row radiator where the sock 96 POS is a single row. I can run my AC now in the 95+ degree 75%+ humidity and NOT worry about my car overheating. If it works there ain't no reason not use one.

16. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

one more thing.... American is capitalized :p