Got my seat back Brace made.

GT3FC

Reaction score
Well I fabed up a seat back Brace that I could use for my fx1 seat.. It cost me about $20 in parts and hardware all together... Here it is:
20141009_145447_zps8jpxhhyb.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
What all parts did you use? It looks nice and sturdy.

Do do you have to pass tech with it?

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
What all parts did you use? It looks nice and sturdy.

Do do you have to pass tech with it?

yea I do have to pass tech with it and that has me worried.....I just used two big long thick L brackets welded those together for the desired length and angle. Then to mount to the roll bar I used a piece that is alot like the roll bar mount for a go pro but much more heavy duty and there is a bolt holding the main bracing structure to the roll bar mount and also to the back of the seat...all hardware is grade 8....I'm wondering if I'm going to have to weld the bracket to the L bracket and hoping I wont have to welt it to the roll bar....the only reason I made one is because the FX1 seats only have one spot that is reinforced for a brace, and all of the mounts I could find had a plate that would need more than one bolt into the back of the seat...and well it
was much cheaper haha

I can check the brand on the roll bar mount for you tomorrow if you like all I remember is it has a single X on it for the logo

RichV

Reaction score
Ya. That would be cool.

NASA does not require a brace for a FIA rated seat before expiration. IIRC its 5 years from manufacture.

I I have a IO port racing brace on my car, but yours looks much nicer.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Ya. That would be cool.

NASA does not require a brace for a FIA rated seat before expiration. IIRC its 5 years from manufacture.

I I have a IO port racing brace on my car, but yours looks much nicer.
thanks man. I actually thought it looked a little eh myself haha...NHRA requires it because its not SFI or FIA rated....I just couldn't find any info for regulations on the brace so I just found some thick stuff put it together and spray painted it black....It only took like 20 mins total to mock up and make...I just dont wanna get turned away at tech because I dont get to go out to the track much at all so that would be a huge heart break!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online