Got new tires on....(PIC)

FST-HUH

Reaction score
Hey guys just got new tires on my car, I think they look nice, they are new from NITTO NT01 they are size 315's

DSCF2154.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

OP
OP
F

FST-HUH

Reaction score
yeah man they are nice + they hook like crazy :santa_grin:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im getting some 315's too, got to wait until the end of the month. BFG Drag Radials :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

yours look sweet :santa_afro:

OP
OP
F

FST-HUH

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Im getting some 315's too, got to wait until the end of the month. BFG Drag Radials :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

Yeha man I was gonna originally go with BFG's DR the ones that have "bald part in the middle" but I had hard time finding who has them so I decided to go with nittos nt01. In the past I had nitto's555 DR's. but they came out with new design so I decided to give it a try. Only thing that scary's me is it says on the tire "not designed for highway use" :santa_lipsrsealed:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
FST-HUH said:
Snakebit said:

Yeha man I was gonna originally go with BFG's DR the ones that have "bald part in the middle" but I had hard time finding who has them so I decided to go with nittos nt01. In the past I had nitto's555 DR's. but they came out with new design so I decided to give it a try. Only thing that scary's me is it says on the tire "not designed for highway use" :santa_lipsrsealed:

Well i have used the BFG's for about 5 or 6 years now, from my 95 GT to my 91 / 98 / and now my 99 Cobra. I have been interested in the nitto version of their drag's because of them having a full tread depth compared to the " pre shaved " tread of the BFG's. But I have had great success with the BFG's so I decided not to rock the boat and stick with what I know works. I have 295's on right now but they are shot, and I'm getting my new ones ( 315's ) when I come back from vacation this next week. I have not had any issues with driving on them except in the rain.......you need to SLOW DOWN :santa_grin: :santa_grin: :santa_grin: not drive over 45 or so MAX. Other than that, they are great.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, that's the one's. I want to get a set of those next season!

Have you run a track yet on them?

Hellion94

Reaction score
They say "not for highway use" because the Nitto NT01 is Nitto's new road race tire. Muscle Mustangs did a test on them a while back (like almost a year ago) On a stock-ish GT and Campisano's Cobra. They are designed to be super grippy, road race only tires. I'm not sure, but I think they are made to compete with the spec-type tires that American Iron racers run, that or they are the new spec tire or something like that. But yeah, anyway, they are soft compound road race tires.

Hellion94

Reaction score
No, they are road race tires. They were tested against a set of Pirrelli Road race tires and a set of BFG's I think.

This doesn't mean that they are any worse or better, just that they were designed for road racing. They do have a soft compound tread though, which is why they hook so good. Like most other Nitto's they would be a good all around tire, but they were designed for road racing.

Hellion94

Reaction score
Yeah they do. They are still the NT555R

Taken from Nitto's website about the NT01:

"NT01 is a D.O.T. approved competition radial with an asymmetrical, non-directional tread pattern optimized for dry racing conditions. Originally with a tread depth of 6/32nds", the NT01 can be shaved to 4/32nds" to reveal a "slick" tread surface with two circumferential tread grooves. The NT01 features a racing-inspired tread compound, steel sidewall inserts, and a rayon carcass; all formulated for on-track performance to deliver extreme cornering power for fast and consistent track times."

About the NT555R:

"With the NT555R “Extreme Dragâ€Â, Nitto engineers succeeded in designing a DOT approved, drag racing radial tire that would outperform all other drag radials, provide impressive control and handling, and still deliver up to 15,000 miles of tread life of normal street-driving use. NT555R's are manufactured with the original tread depth of 6/32nds†and are constructed with a specially formulated soft racing tread compound to provide maximum traction. However, this soft and flexible tread will wear much quicker than tread compounds formulated for regular passenger cars. The Nitto NT555R is designed primarily for competition drag racing. "

Just FYI, I'm not trying to say at all that you bought the wrong tires or anything stupid like that, your car is awesome, and those tires are sick, I'm just informing.

OP
OP
F

FST-HUH

Reaction score
no not had a chance to run them on a track yet.

I've paid around $650 shipped for 2 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online