Got new wheels. For some reason im not happy

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
First time i ever did this. ( got a seperate set of wheels/tire for winter) Picked up some new wheels+snow tires for $50. Maybe i was expecting better but man it looks bad. A snowy Winter hit us early this year so i had to prepare. I dont really drive it during the winter but im prepared if the DD is ever giving problems.

i tell you what. For the last couple years i been looking for snow tires for my 17 inch Cobra r's. Four brand new ones would cost over $700. With these little 205-65-15 wheels i can get all four for $300 dollars if i get non blizzaks. For that im very happy. Snow tires are so much cheaper on the 15 inch wheels.
11avdso.jpg

des18g.jpg

keyfly.jpg

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The salt and acidic ice melter we use around here would destroy your cobra r's anyways. I have a few mustang buddies that rock either steelies or stock wheels with their winter tires for this reason, as do I with my truck.

joekd

Reaction score
I ran a set of earlier style v6 tri star 15" wheels on my 00 GT when I had it, hated them every single time I looked at them but the traction difference made it worth it

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I find it funny im like the person who hates Cobra r's with a passion but right now i would choose them over these ugly v6 wheels in a heartbeat. I dont see how people with the 94-95 v6 stang can keep these. Would get some steeles and walmart hub cap covers instead lol.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know the smallest tire you can fit on these wheels. Stock they came with 205-65-15.

Can you run anything smaller? 195or below?

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Does anyone know the smallest tire you can fit on these wheels. Stock they came with 205-65-15.

Can you run anything smaller? 195or below?

You could easily get away with a 195, but maybe a 185/70/15 could fit, how wide is the rim exactly? I know the extra sidewall height makes up for the lack of tire width so it doesn't look all stretched.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
oh god.. tire are tucked inside wheel well...

But i just installed some brand new snow tires. Should be a fun winter now!
General Altimax Arctic
dscf3710gm.jpg

going from
b4jce9.jpg

90dcfd.jpg

30a6elg.jpg

2d8pbw4.jpg

5nu06h.jpg

to
346syyw.jpg

syt5r8.jpg

23lb3pi.jpg

wow

racenmotorsports

Reaction score
You're right, they're ugly. :p

However, my sixer is stuck with those ugly stock wheels right now. I want to put GT wheels on but I'm not willing to put out 500-1000 for some stupid stock wheels. I just spent the last 4 hours searching all over for any kind of wheel that I'd be willing to pay for and they seem closer to that price range right now. guess I'm not looking in the right places or with the right terms...

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ugly? Yes. Worth saving your Cobra R's from pure and utter desolation? Definitely.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
you put the spacers on those? lol

LOL, no way. I had spacers on for my cobra r's but these v6 wheels dont fit with the spacers installed. So they had to come off which way a pain since they mated to the rotor.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Move to Florida, problem solved ;)

hell to the yes! I want to lol... 75 degrees when its 2 degrees here is nice. But i would miss having a cold snowy christmas day. Rest of the days can be nice

bottlefed97

Reaction score
hell to the yes! I want to lol... 75 degrees when its 2 degrees here is nice. But i would miss having a cold snowy christmas day. Rest of the days can be nice

Yeah I've had a few Christmases that were 80 degrees and humid, which sucks. Snowy ones are the best!

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
My car scraping everything with these 15's. Didnt think it'll make much of a difference lol. Def. going to be plowing snow with my bumper this winter if i drive.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
These wheels must be more terrible than i thought. Everyone i know is asking questions about my car now.. asking what the hell i downgrade to (LOL) Can't believe so many people actually like the cobra r's that much. I dont have the center caps for these wheels so maybe thats half of the problem. I can't wait till it warm outside so i can trade.

The other problem im having now is im bottoming out on streets i always been able to drive that are uneven and not flat. 17's to 15's is a big drop but the winter tires are cheaper for the 15's so im sticking with the lowness.

Its also funny you see a mustang with crappy v6 wheels but when it drives away you hear the bassani v8 mustang bark.. LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online