got some codes finally..

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
i havent had a lot of time to work on my car lately and i finally got around to pulling some codes and trying to figure out why the hell my CEL comes on every now and then... i got a 157 and a 159....both MAF codes. 157: low MAF voltage and 159: MAF voltage out of range. I think the maf just needs a cleaning...im gonna pull it tommorow and take quick peek. Any suggestions?

Downshift

Reaction score
Did you clean it yet? That would be my first step. Disconnect the battery/clean the maf take her for a spin and go back home and see what you have.

ryclef331

Reaction score
voltage low AND high? SOunds like either, A) there is a wiring issue on the car...like two bare wires touching somewhere on the MAF harness or B) your MAF is shot. Cleaning isn't going to fix that. Know anyone else with a 5.0? Try their maf out....cobra or gt, fox or otherwise, it will work. Just not a 96 and up...

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
i didnt say high...i said out of range....it could still be the low and out of range. Anyhoo thats not a bad idea i think im gonna try another maf and see if it works. i have my old maf but its cal'd for #19 and i have #24's.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
i didnt say high...i said out of range....it could still be the low and out of range. Anyhoo thats not a bad idea i think im gonna try another maf and see if it works. i have my old maf but its cal'd for #19 and i have #24's.

It will make it fun rich as hell but if it is a good maf, it will eliminate the CEL if that is the cause.

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea u geuss i could give'r a shot. wont be bad for the motor running that rich will it?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
yea u geuss i could give'r a shot. wont be bad for the motor running that rich will it?

It will probably run like ass but it should tell you whether the maf is jacked or not.

Downshift

Reaction score
It will be fine. A friend of mine did that. It was funny as hell. His car would die and stuff so people thought he sucked at driving. Give it a shot.

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
lmao im just gonna run it to see if the CEL goes away...im not actually gonna dive around with it on lol

ryclef331

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
lmao im just gonna run it to see if the CEL goes away...im not actually gonna dive around with it on lol

Thats all you gotta do.

Downshift

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:

Haha I hope not cause you know what will happen now. Hopefully you get this thing figured out soon. Goodluck man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online