Got the 4.10s installed

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well I finally did it. Got the 4.10s installed. Throttle Stop in Rocklin did it. Major power difference. I have to get used to them however. The lauchs are much more sensitive. But im glad i finally have some pull now. Went with the ford racings with the master bearing rebuild kit and had the posi rebuilt. Pretty fun to drive but i have to say first gear is weird. But maybe its just me.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you'll get used to the feel.

Sounds like fun, enjoy it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
congrats, it will take a little while but you will get use to it and wonder what the stockers felt like :-\

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Congrats....What did it cost you to get them installed?

Roadkiller

Reaction score
Congrats!

I'm looking at getting this done in the near future, so can you define how first gear feels "weird"?

Also, have you done much accelerating in 3rd gear? I do "Open Track" events at my local road course and our backstretch is fairly long, but I never get out of 3rd gear in my 98GT. The stock 3rd gear is pretty long so I'm just wondering how much better pull I could expect.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well what I mean't by first gear being weird its just something I got to get used to. Its mainly a launch gear. 2nd and 3rd gear pull seriously hard compaired to stock. 4th and 5th too. Its so cool how much of a difference it makes. I mean I know its not possible but I was able to stay toe to toe with an SS. I mean it was almost a dead tie. Maybe its just because he's a bad driver but none the less it was awesome. With all my supporting mods and stuff it makes me exicted to look forward to a PI Set up. Just the added power and such with some 4.10s is exciting. After I burn a chip and get a good tune its off to the suspension department and make thing pony ride super smooth and look it!

spdracer

Reaction score
i just had my 4.10's installed, wicked difference. u'll get used to first it felt pretty useless speed wise to me at first. lol.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah no kidding but it sure is alot more fun to drive now lol.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah Id say. I know my SOHC isnt much to being with but it sure feels alot better

94gtstang50

Reaction score
When I did mine, it felt like the car just wanted to go whereas with the 3.27's it felt like a sloth. I actually chirped second a few times, its pretty funny.

98MustangSTL

Reaction score
Thats awesome. I just got my 3.73's installed and I love them. I went barely chirping 2nd, to spinning in 2nd and chirping. I do agree, the first gear is weird and it took me about 1 day of driving to get the true feel of it.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
It's going to take me awhile to get used to first gear. I can't seem to get my rear end to hook up. Probably need to start working on my suspension after I install my PI intake. But chirping all the way through 3rd isnt a problem anymore lol.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
I remember the first day I had my 4.10's too... :dancing6:
I think I burned a whole tank of gas and 1/4" off my rear tires that day.

My car is an auto, so no probs in 1st. But it launches like a beast now.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
I remember the first day I had my 4.10's too... :dancing6:
I think I burned a whole tank of gas and 1/4" off my rear tires that day.

My car is an auto, so no probs in 1st. But it launches like a beast now.

+1

Whistler98

Reaction score
I remember when the first day with mine. Before them I would race my buddies 2000 GT he would pull atleast 5 cars. After 4.10s I had a half a car on him until the top of 4th! Now I have a blower and they are even more of a blast!

Downshift

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
It's going to take me awhile to get used to first gear. I can't seem to get my rear end to hook up. Probably need to start working on my suspension after I install my PI intake. But chirping all the way through 3rd isnt a problem anymore lol.

Ya maybe you should get some springs lol. Just messing with ya man. I can give ya a hand installing them too.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
yeah I need some springs. Im thinking about going with the Hand R's

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
Got Mine installed like 3 hours ago, The shop told me not to floor it for like 48 hours. The highest ive had it so far 3000 rpms. I can tell the diffence just cruizin, i put in 5th at around 40-45. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online