Got the LED's installed w/ How-to

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok all this LED's talk and i said what the hell i will get some and be done with it.

I went to www.superbrightled's.com and i bought 7 WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs. I got 2 in blue (for the a pillar) and 5 in white for the guages. i had 2 Single LED Wedge Base Bulbs in blue that i put in the Havoc controls. If you want everything blue i would suggest 7 of the wled-x5 LED's in white for the cluster and Havoc. trust me they will light up blue. ANd of course if you have guages you need to actually get the color you like. here is a pic of what the bulbs look like..
IMG_0167.jpg

First thing is first, pull your headlight knob out/ to the on position and slide a flathead screwdrive in the slot and push away from the dash. There are 2 screws that i believe are 9/32's you have to unscrew to get the black surrounding out..
IMG_0168.jpg

Now thats out there are 4 or so phillip's head screws you need to take out to ge tthe cluster free. There are also 2 plug in connectors that are in the back of this cluster and all you do is push the tab down ontop of them and they pop out. once you get the cluster out the back side of it will look like this.
IMG_0159.jpg

The black pieces are the ones you want to replace, now dont go fucking with the others... get some needle nose and remove the black pieces. Once out there should be a little wedge bulb in there, just gank that out. replace with a new LED.

THE BULBS I BOUGHT ONLY WORK ONE WAY!! SO AFTER INSTALLING IF YOU DONT HAVE ALL THEM LIGHT UP, TAKE OUT THE CLUSTER AND PULL THE LED OUT AND TURN IT AROUND

Yes it is frustrating cause you have to keep pulling the cluster out, and sometimes the LED's dont want to come out, (they are pretty wide but work) Just take your time and keep doing it. If you put it back in and it still doesnt work, you didnt flip the bulb DUMMY. LED"s almost never go out.

Now sit back and enjoy. Keep in mind that the color filter on the guages are Blue as well the havoc controls. SO if you want your guages red, and buy red LED's and it goes thru that Blue filter...what color will you have? PURPLE

Put everything back in and enjoy. Keep in mind my pics are without the black trip piece and bezel due to my highly confidential and failed project.

heres the pics, sorry about the crappy shots, im not feeling well.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool man!

It kinda looks like a Star Destroyer

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
looks damn good...guess i need to order some, but im not paying $32 from that site. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online