Got the new snake cleaned up and took some pics *pic heavy

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
If some of y'all saw my into, I bought this '97 last Tuesday. Bolt on car, dropped, 4.10s, JLT cai, Bama tuned, etc. Well, the rearend started making all kinds of noise Wednesday after work, got her home and popped off the diff cover to find that ALL the ring gear bolts were backing out and 4 were already out and bouncing around. Didn't do a whole lot of damage thankfully, just to the edges of 3 or 4 pinion teeth, but the pattern is in the middle, so I just got some new bolts from the dealer and torqued em down. Just gonna rock it till I can have the rear rebuilt. Buttoned all that up yesterday and spent the rest of the day detailing her, so I decided to drive her around a little and go to work and take some pics.

Future plans:
18x9/10 FRs with gold painted centers
Black tail light bezels/bumper letters/lower bumper
Black beauty headlights/Fox GT fog lights custom mounted with 8000k HIDs
full suspension
delete IMRCs
custom tune by MV Performance
new exhaust setup
various other stuff :rolleyes:

Anywayz on to the pics (lotta pics, I'm excited about my new car ha :grin:)

Next to my buddy's Cobra

Uh oh

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
sweet looking ride. WTF is up with those ring gear bolts? is there anyother damage?

OP
OP
W

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
:eek:ccasion14: Thanks! The previous owner had 4.10s installed and the whole rearend rebuilt 2 years ago. Apparently they didn't put any locktite on the bolts plus they were much smaller headed bolts so they slowly backed themselves out. There were 4 in the bottom of the rearend when I opened the cover, I think what happened is right before it started making noise on me on wednesday night, I made a sharp right hand corner with a bump in the middle so I guess that pitched one more bolt loose and it bounced up into the gears. It chewed up the Trac Lok carrier pretty good, and it took small chunks or just scraped up 3 or 4 pinion gear teeth right on the edge. The pattern is right in the middle of the teeth, so I'll be ok for now, I just bought some new bolts from the dealer and threw them in till I can have the whole rear rebuilt again.

**I actually bought this car right near you, the guy lived in Locust Grove and I made the deal at Summit

OP
OP
W

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
Looks great man! Crystal is such a sick color all detailed up
Yeah it is! This thing POPS in the sun! And to think, I used to hate white ha!

I really like that pic at the gas station at night..kewl!
Thanks! That was the night I picked her up, think it turned out awesome

Threw on my chrome FRs from my other car to see how they'd look since I originally wanted to plastidip them gold. But I'm not feeling them, they just look "meh". I think I'm gonna stick with my Cobra Rs for now. What do y'all think?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Since your local head over to Mo's here in Dallas he does some amazing things with mustangs and tuning... I also have someone that's good on exhaust too.

OP
OP
W

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
Since your local head over to Mo's here in Dallas he does some amazing things with mustangs and tuning... I also have someone that's good on exhaust too.
I've heard great stuff about Mo's, I'll definitely have to check them out. MV Performance is very close also, my buddy's had some work done with them so I'll have to go talk to both shops and see who I want to tune my car.

i like the r's better on there! love y2k's
Me too! I used to not be a big fan, but I'm really really starting to like them. They're in pretty bad shape though, so I'll have to get the rechromed later down the road or buy new ones. 18" chrome 03/04 Cobra wheels would look sick on here too IMO

OP
OP
W

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
Awesome hit me up well have to ride out
Will do :eek:ccasion14:

man i have a 96 cw cobra as well i cant wait to get it repainted its paint kills the car lol
I think that's why this car was painted, considering how bad the factory white is about peeling. They didn't do the jambs or anything, so there's places on the inside of the truck lid/edges of the fenders in the engine bay that are still trying to peel a bit

OP
OP
W

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
Money's been tight lately, but as soon as my bank account recovers, I'm hoping to get a meet put together with some of the GA guys on here and a couple other forums and we'll get some pics.
But here's some pics from today

Took the front suspension apart to take out the iso's up front and drop the nose a little more. Also took the bottom iso from one front and put it on the bottom of the driver's rear to offset the slight lean I've got. Need to throw on the top one too, the bottom alone wasn't enough
All together, didn't get any pics apart

Painted all 4 wheel wells while I had the wheels off too.

Also painted the lower radiator support. Always hated how you could see white through the bumper.

Painted the gas tank cover and rear end too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online