Got the Silver Bullet today!

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I traded my boat today for a 1991 Ford Mustang Foxbody Convertible! Has the 302 EFI with MSD, BBK CAI, and upgraded fuel pump, ford racing gears, etc among some other things I'm still discovering! Top is ragged out but it came with a brand new top from CJPONYparts in the box! Runs great and it's also 5 speed! I'm gonna start doing some modifications to this thing soon! What do y'all think about my purchase/trade? Thanks!
3b5b4bf60f8e3f8db77d4575b66a47cd.jpg
e03cef808bc227ca1866026de8134723.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depends what kind of boat you traded for it.

I see lots of mismatched body pieces, but it has potential.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/11/f8f8ac11b78003ee099b8fdd9d948373.jpg[/IMG

I traded my 1990 15' Bayliner Cobra Fish and Ski boat with a Bimini top and a 45hp Mariner motor. Seats were new had no rips and carpet was good in the boat with no rips or stains. I just replaced wheel bearings, races, seals, and added bearing buddies to the trailer. I only had 400 bucks in the Yamaha Blaster that I traded for the boat. Only thing I did to the boat was took the motor off (it used to have a Force 50hp and it was locked up when I got it) so I bought the Mariner 45hp motor for 800 and installed it and I serviced the trailer other than that I didn't do anything to the boat. So I've got roughly 1200-1400 bucks in this Foxbody. I think that's a great deal personally! It runs like a scalded dog!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
By the way the boats paint wasn't as good as it looked in the picture the clear coat was faded badly and it needed re cleared or polished with something to try and rejuvenate the clear coat just so y'all know!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Depends what kind of boat you traded for it.

I see lots of mismatched body pieces, but it has potential.

What are mismatched body pieces? I don't really know anything about Foxbodies or how to tell what is from what year because all I've ever dealt with is my New Edge 99 Green Mustang.

The driver window and back windows won't go up and don't make any noise. The passenger window goes up and down fine and the door lock only works on the passenger side. Any ideas on what to check out anyone? Thanks!

1996GTKB

Reaction score
I don't have a fox either but by mismatched body pieces I would assume that it means exactly that. For example in the photos you posted the hood is a different shade of grey then the fenders, and the front bumper also appears to be a different colour. The hood makes sense because it's definatley aftermarket, the bumper on the other hand is kinda weird. First thing that comes to mind for me is was it ever in an accident?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Not sure if it was in an accident. I obviously know the hood is aftermarket and I seen the paint difference but I didn't get this car for originality I got it because I liked it and it has a lot of potential and I was looking for a project. Oh well I'm happy with it!

1996GTKB

Reaction score
And as for the windows I would say maybe the small motor inside the door skin is dead. Or like I said I don't have a fox but my other guess would be that the gears or belt that's inside that it runs on came unattached inside. But considering it makes no noise in your door I would lean towards the motor or an electrical issue of some kind example wiring.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
I would say you killed it on this trade for sure. After a good detail that is a clean little fox. I have owned 12 foxbodys and this is my first sn95 and i will always like the fox better IMO and will get another one soon but keep my 95 also they will be worth stupid money someday its proven.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Haha guys I threw a new power window motor in the driver door and drove the fox around a little and traded it for a motorcycle and then sold the motorcycle on eBay lol. I just don't like convertibles they look cheap lol. But thanks to everyone who complimented on my amazing hustling skills lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.