Got traction???I dont :( HELP!

S

scarface

Well I finally got my stang tuned, and decided to take it out for a spin. 1st-3rd are useless now :( I really don't know enough about the "GOOD"brands of suspension parts, or really what parts to get to help with my dilemma.

I have eibach drag springs w/airbag, kyb adjustable shocks, 275's on the back.

What parts do I need to get the "hookup"?

Thanks-David

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
a good set of tires ( drag radials ) will help as much as rear end parts will, and the combo of both...............will make it launch like a rocket. Upper and lower control arms such as HPM's would be good or mega bites would do also. You already have springs so a set of adj. shocks would be the next step. Get those parts plus dr's and you will hook in any gear.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes tires make a big difference. I love my Nitto 555R's.

Suspension is a complicated animal. If you wanna learn about it goto maximum motorsports and read up on they're stuff. they have good info on they're pages for the relative parts. Once you get beyond springs and LCA's you gotta do some studying.
I only recommend MM for suspension parts. Ive tried a bunch of them...

LCA's are a good start.
I don't recommend Uppers, only the FFRP's - It's complicated.

Also subs - do you have them?

MM makes a great LCA with much better bushings, well worth the little extra $

OP
OP
S

scarface

I already have adjustable shocks.

I will check out the link and read up on the suspension..Thanks for you help-David

OP
OP
S

scarface

do I look for adjustable LCA's? what does the adjustments do?

Ender

Reaction score
You can use adjustable control arms to change your pinion angle, more trouble than it's worth on a street car IMO. I'll throw in another vote for Maximum Motorsports, full length subs and lower control arms will work wonders.

OP
OP
S

scarface

what is the difference between full length and regular subframe connectors? other than they are longer... Is there much difference in the instalation?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me you want the full one's.

the full length mount below the horizontal lengths of the front and rear sub frames, not just between them
Get rid of that chassis flex - It's naughty!!

you want as big as you can get.
The MM XL subs are only 119 bucks (bare steel)

they're site www.maximummotorsports.com
products
chassis stifening
subframes
xl subs.

sorry they changed they're page design so I cant link specific products.

I have the XL's on my car, they're great.
Here's a pic.

subwhole2.jpg

Notice that the rail is as wide as the subframe rails, and it ladders the front and rear subframes.
Stronger and better design than most.
I've seen the Kenny Brown subs and others and they are way smaller and weaker designs...

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, go with MM stuff. Oh, and regarding tires. The wider and stickier is your best bet. If you don't want to go wider than 275, then go stickier with some DR's like Nitto. Good luck.

ALITL8

Reaction score
youre right Dalamar, those are big SFC's!!! very nice!!

i just got some weight jacker LCA's in a trade out :dancing6:

mylcas.jpg

i'm wondering if i need to get some solid or adjustable uppers. do i even need the uppers? ive heard yes and no... some say the stock uppers work fine because they dont bind as much as the lowers do :dunno:

any ideas, opinions or suggestions would be appreciated and sorry for whoring your thread David?

OP
OP
S

scarface

ALITL8 said:

mylcas.jpg

i'm wondering if i need to get some solid or adjustable uppers. do i even need the uppers? ive heard yes and no... some say the stock uppers work fine because they dont bind as much as the lowers do :dunno:

any ideas, opinions or suggestions would be appreciated and sorry for whoring your thread David?

No problem man...any info is good info. Whore away my friend, whore away..lol

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:

mylcas.jpg

That's cool.
Weight jackers are better because they have better bushings than the stock arms. You wanna reduce the side deflection, the stock arms with their soft bushings have plenty. the open box design also twists some, giving you more deflection :mad:
Height adjustment is also handy.

On the uppers, aftermarket upper bushings are too solid. the upper arm mount is flawed. it will bind up and transfer the force into the floor of the car (called the torque box) It's a long winded topic, I go into it on my suspension thread.
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1081.0
start at reply # 3.

I'd stay stock or go with the Ford racing because the keep the bushing loose enogh to still articulate.
maybe try it with you stockers and see how you like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.