Got traction?

TheBab

Reaction score
etstreetsmounted1.jpg

etstreetsmounted2.jpg

And something to take care of the gas we have here :( (90 octane = premium)

tiresntorco1.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i use to have a set of ET streets, but i never got to use them...make sure you get a driveshaft safety loop, most tracks make you have them to run slicks or DRs

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i use to have a set of ET streets, but i never got to use them...make sure you get a driveshaft safety loop, most tracks make you have them to run slicks or DRs

Already taken care of.... :thumb: :thumb:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
tracks around here only require safty loops for full slicks those have the little tread in them so we dont need them...but damn those are sticky lol my buddies 91 525ci fox last night spun the tire off his wheel on his last pass so i helped him change his rear tires and i never realized how tacky those things got...

SonicStang

Reaction score
How important is a loop? I am running an aluminum driveshaft, the same slicks and a vortech...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SonicStang said:
How important is a loop? I am running an aluminum driveshaft, the same slicks and a vortech...

Are you kidding???????? If that shaft comes loose during a run your going to KNOW how important they are :-[ :-[. I have seen several pics of some :puke: :puke: metal due to not having a loop on. That is going to something that is DEFINATELY GOING on my L before I take it down the strip for the first time. I should have one on my Cobra but I have only been to the track with it once :(.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SonicStang said:

let me see if I can find some pics that I seen a few weeks ago, it was taken at the track and was in a thread I think over on NLOC.net showing just why the loop is SO important.......its scary :eek:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
it keeps the shaft from slamming into the pavement...with slicks it really makes your car grab and that causes extra strain on your axels rear end and u joints i think i would want a loop if i ran any form of slicks even though the tracks around here dont enforce it on those wheels

cobra4978

Reaction score
How much will slicks really help your ET? Are drag radials just as good if your not pushin a great amount of power?

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
its like comparing bald tires to new ones slicks are a huge different it would blow your mind...i have run drag radials and to me it seems simular to a street tire in all reality they do grip better...but a slick gets super tacky ...if your vehicles not built for slicks i wouldn't even consider looking at them though you better have 31 spine axels and all that because you will be breaking your rear end with slicks

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
its like comparing bald tires to new ones slicks are a huge different it would blow your mind...i have run drag radials and to me it seems simular to a street tire in all reality they do grip better...but a slick gets super tacky ...if your vehicles not built for slicks i wouldn't even consider looking at them though you better have 31 spine axels and all that because you will be breaking your rear end with slicks
ETs arent slicks...and you can bust your rear end with DRs or even with street tires.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
cobra4978 said:
How much will slicks really help your ET? Are drag radials just as good if your not pushin a great amount of power?

drag radials are great but fall short of a true racing slick ........with slicks and a hard launch you can cut up TO a half a second off your et, thats with the proper use of the slicks meaning a good burnout and 5-6k launch. Of course it helps if your rear is braced for that kind of punishment :D

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
:)

DOT Legal Slickish tires ftw ;)

Some have hit 1.5 60s with these tires :D

Passenger

Reaction score
I've got 275/40 BFG DR's on my 95. Bite like hell when its dry, but if someone does as much as spits in the road, she spins :(

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
:boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: @ BFGs

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i know there not true slicks but they are pretty close to the real thing they bit like a biotch... i was running bfg drag radials for awhile and the track was only prepped when the gates opened..so by the time i got the dr on i was spinning at the line i was hopeing to shave some times but didn't see any gains

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online