Got Trans vibrations? I don't anymore

Paladin1001

Reaction score
When I bought the GT the trans made weird noises and the shifter vibrated badly in 3rd gear. This pic below is why. The trans was actually sitting a little crooked in the tunnel and not attached to anything except the engine. The whole car is on another plane of smoothness driving down the road now compared to how it was.

The new mount is all one piece unlike the i'm sure factory piece in three in the below pic. By the way this job can be done without dropping the exhaust. I can do a write up if anyone is interested but its really only two nuts, two bolts and the cross member bolts that need to be removed. Once the crossmember is unbolted and shifted sideways you can weasel the mount out and back after jacking the trans as high as you can get it.

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 27

Silver95bird

Reaction score
congrats. i had two engine mounts that looked like that. it feels like a new car for you I bet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Looks like the one we pulled out of my son's car. Not only was it broken there was only one bolt holding what was left of the mount to the trans.

OP
OP
P

Paladin1001

Reaction score
There is not any rust its just broken in three pieces and a little oily/greasy. I have to track down a small oil leak, I think its coming from the passengers side valve cover.

I think this poor car was beat like a rented mule before I bought it. Lots of clutch drops would do that kind of damage combined with high mileage of course.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Lol my 02 gt is in a similar boat. The idiot who owned it before me (I bought it from a small dealer) managed to bend the k member brace so badly it touches the bellhousing and the pinch rails are all jacked up from Im assuming hopping a curb a few times lol. Theres probably more I havent noticed, its been quite some time since Ive been under that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online