GOT TUNED TODAY!!!!!

ALITL8

Reaction score
okay i got a SCT 4 bank memory chip i think. i know i have 4 tunes to choose from... #0 - 91 octane street tune; #1 - 93 octane race tune; #2 - 96 octane race tune (for the track on a 1:1 101/91 octane mix); #3 - Empty; #4 - stock tune; #5, 6, 7 - NO START :dunno:

Jim, my tuner called this the "SWT 91 Octane, Ass Whoopin Chip/Tune"
www.SWTuning.com

i started out today with 209 rwhp / 286 rwtq and on the 91 street tune (i think) it went to 217 rwhp / 299 rwtq. i know its not much of a gain but my god it runs like he added 30 horses!!! i took it for a ride around the block, hit it coming out of the parking lot onto a straight and the tires broke lose real easy, slammed it into second and it got all kinds of silly. this is not common behaviour for this GT, bark second, yes... light'm up in second, NEVER!!! i did a second gear drift through a corner on a back road near the shop... had to feather the gas to keep it from coming around :dancing6:

needless to say, IM FUCKIN THRILLED WITH THE WAY THE CAR IS RUNNING!!!

97GTS

Reaction score
congrats!!! gotta love it...btw, SCT ftw :dancing6:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
thanks guys!!! im thinking about going for a drive right now ;D

if youre reading this thread and havent had you car tuned... save your pennies and get it done!! our car idles smoother and runs like a scalded ass ape now!!! i cant wait to go blow the tires off on the line at the track next time out ::)

i have a feeling im going to have to learn to drive again :-\

Foster98GT

Reaction score
All that from a tune? What if your car is stock? How much does a tune cost?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
funny you mention that... i found this on my tuner's FAQ page.

whydynostock.jpg

this guy has 15 years of tuning experience and recently relocated from Austin. Texas in known to have some of the best tuners in this part of the world :thumb:

281powered

Reaction score
hey congrats on the tune, got to love that feeling of new found power ;D thats my next mod i'm doing for shure, i think there's a couple extra ponies waitng to be set free in there after my pi intake install ;)

EThorpe

Reaction score
It's all in the TUNE! :thumb:

Helps smooth out the mixture across the power ban, and adjusts the advance timing curve. Rev's real smooth now Hun. No more of that lame smog legal stock program B.S.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha man i bet you were so excited the first second you put your foot into the go fast pedal! sounds like you were.. a guy over at dallas mustang wants me to bring up like 350 bucks to get my cobra tuned. he said theyre tuner (who is supposedly a very good tuner? not sure) can get another 40 hp outa my stock cobra.. im not sure but does 40 hp seem right? cause if so, i think 350 is well worth it.

also, would it be better to buy my own handheld tuner or would i ever use it? i dont know anything about tuning, just wondering if it would be in my interest to buy one.. ive heard that the sct is the best but as far as the features list, the diablo looks like it has more features.. but i also heard it was cheap. help me out!

congrats on the tuning, let us no how you do at the track!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool Robert. Congrads.

Don't get used to the power to quickly now...
Experience makes a huge difference with tuners, as you know first hand. :)

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
haha man i bet you were so excited the first second you put your foot into the go fast pedal! sounds like you were.. a guy over at dallas mustang wants me to bring up like 350 bucks to get my cobra tuned. he said theyre tuner (who is supposedly a very good tuner? not sure) can get another 40 hp outa my stock cobra.. im not sure but does 40 hp seem right? cause if so, i think 350 is well worth it.

also, would it be better to buy my own handheld tuner or would i ever use it? i dont know anything about tuning, just wondering if it would be in my interest to buy one.. ive heard that the sct is the best but as far as the features list, the diablo looks like it has more features.. but i also heard it was cheap. help me out!

congrats on the tuning, let us no how you do at the track!

im probably not the best person to ask for advice on tuners/tuning, i dont know much about either. thats why i took it to someone with a very good reputation (plus, he's from Austin). i dont know the guys at Dallas Mustang but if you want to make the trip up to OKC, i know this guy is good and stands behind his work! check out his web site www.swtuning.com.

i'll ask some of the guys in my local club who's the best down there... i know there's a shop in Lewisville (i think its HP) thats got a good rep. also, the best in the business is supposed to be down in San Antonio... cant remember the name of his shop. before Jim came up here everyone took their cars to Texas (DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio) for tuning. like i said i'll ask around for you :thumb:

ive heard about people getting 20-40 hp gains, my tune is written for streetable performance and wasnt written to push the limits (its got 162K on it). im sure on my 96 octane tune with the right fuel the car just SCREAMS... might try that at the track ;D

jpajkos

Reaction score
Awesome!! This week after I install my 4.10s im wondering when I tune mine what they will squeeze out of it.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
awesome man. thanks, id really appreciate if you could do that for me. now you got me all tickled inside to get a tune.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
here's one recommendation...

FROM A FELLOW MUSTANG CLUB MEMBER said:
HPP is the one all the terminator guys recommend. Dallas Mustang does a good parts business, I've ordered from them before, but I know nothing of their tuning abilities. Thats all I really know about Dallas.

a tuned car is where its at and i found out that i was test driving on the 93 tune with +/- 91 octane fuel in the tank. im getting ready to go pick up that stupid part the Ford house didnt have the other day. i'll be running on the 91 street tune, i'll post a report when i return :)

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
91 octane street tune is exactly what it claims... runs superb on the 91! super smooth idle, better throttle response, no cackling when downshifting and much more!!! i like the feel of the 93 octane tune better though, its FUN!! cant wait to try the 96 octane tune!!!

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
when are you planning on doing it? has your car already got a tune on it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online