Gots some new wheels on my 98. Before and after.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Well after a week of having them on I am starting to get really OCD about the lip sticking out a bit on the front and just a smidge on the rear. OCD to the point that I'm more than likely going to order a set of 18x8/18x10 rims from AM. Choices are another set of Bullitts and the AMRs. Honestly... between the two I like the Bullitts better even though I just came from them lol. Would be in anthracite though and these tires I have would fit 18x8 and 18x10 perfectly vs the 18x9/18x10.5.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Why not just get bigger tires? Bullitts are played out in my opinion, nothing unique about them any more. Don't let people here sway your opinion, gotta be your own person and all that jazz.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Why not just get bigger tires? Bullitts are played out in my opinion, nothing unique about them any more. Don't let people here sway your opinion, gotta be your own person and all that jazz.

Because wider tires on all 4 corners are $900 and I am not going to be able to sell these meats for near what I paid for them. I only paid $600 shipped for these tires. I got the 03s on sale and there is not a mark on them. I can sell them and take way less of a hit.

ALSO, the 18x9 actual lip of the rim is out past the fender lip which means a true flush or slightly bulging tire is going to stick from the fender and I am not a fan of that. This means I am limited to 18x8 up front which means either Bullitts or AMRs. I like the Anthracite deep dish bullitts and I know my car looks good with Bullitts and AMRs are a little too "spokey" for me. I placed an order with AM for the Anthracite 18x8/18x10 Bullitts. They may be here tomorrow since I'm in NJ and AM is in PA. So looking like I'll have the 03s up for sale Wednesday...

Burninrock24

Reaction score
ALSO, the 18x9 actual lip of the rim is out past the fender lip which means a true flush or slightly bulging tire is going to stick from the fender and I am not a fan of that. This means I am limited to 18x8 up front which means either Bullitts or AMRs.

Not necessarily. You can have a 9" I've even seen 10 inchers on the fronts no problem, its all about the offset. There are more places to order through than American Muscle too if you don't like being bottlenecked into a wheel style or finish.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I looked around, honestly I like the anthracite bullitts, the biggest problem I had with the ones I had (besides a lot of ppl having them) were that they were 17" and chrome. Also I need the 8" front anyway for the tires I have. I like the 26.3" height on the front tire, it fills the wheel well up perfectly, the car rides a MILLION times better than it did and I don't bottom out going out of my driveway if I don't get diagonally just so like I did before. And like I said, I'm not paying $900 for new tires when I can get new rims for $580 and then sell my Cobras for a decent chunk to make up for it. Obviously I wish I had just got the 18x8/18x10 in the first place but lesson learned.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I looked around, honestly I like the anthracite bullitts, the biggest problem I had with the ones I had (besides a lot of ppl having them) were that they were 17" and chrome. Also I need the 8" front anyway for the tires I have. I like the 26.3" height on the front tire, it fills the wheel well up perfectly, the car rides a MILLION times better than it did and I don't bottom out going out of my driveway if I don't get diagonally just so like I did before. And like I said, I'm not paying $900 for new tires when I can get new rims for $580 and then sell my Cobras for a decent chunk to make up for it. Obviously I wish I had just got the 18x8/18x10 in the first place but lesson learned.
Good choice. I don't like chrome bullitts either way to bling bling for me. Car looks better with cobras though

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Well they are going to be here today via 2 day shipping from AM so I'll have them on tomorrow afternoon. Going to be interesting cramming 4 boxes full of rims into the 98 and have my kid's carseat still in since I'm going to get them put on during lunch... I just need to pop out the AM center caps and make it known x1000 that I do not want them TOUCHING my $50/each OEM running pony center caps. I will pop those out myself with gloved hands and put them in after the fact. Hopefully they let me go in there and do it while they are pulling the tires off the Cobras and putting them on the Bullitts.

Hoping I can get $450-$500 locally for the Cobras.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I really liked the look of the 18" Cobra wheels, don't see them very often.

18" bullitts look good too in deep dish and not chrome.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Well the new rims showed up today... 3 were perfect and one had 3 chips in the clear. AM was very good about doing the RMA but its shitty to have to wait another 2 days... I'm trying to get a forum rep on another forum to speed it up to same day since I'm a state over but I doubt it and its sposed to rain Friday... yay...

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Front

Rear

Didn't know AM rims didn't take stock center caps. I could modify the AM caps and then stick the OEM tops on them but I just ordered a set of brushed aluminum centers that will be here mon or tues. Tires fit PERFECTLY like I want almost dead flush with a slight bulge. Rims seem smaller to me because the spokes don't look as long and I know everyone has bullitts but whatever.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I think you should have kept the 18" Cobras, BUT as long as your happy your the one that drives, pays and owns your car so your the only one that matters.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I think you should have kept the 18" Cobras, BUT as long as your happy your the one that drives, pays and owns your car so your the only one that matters.

This. But do what makes u happy :)

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Like I said it was $800-$900 for new tires or sell my rims for near what I paid for them and eat the second install. I sold the Cobra rims today in literally 3 hours from the time I listed them on CL for damn near what I paid for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online