Gotta say, I love the LED dash bulb swap.

Five O

Reaction score
Finally got my bulbs yesterday and popped them in... couldn't be happier.
Unfortunately, I somehow screwed up my temp gauge... I'll try and figure that out tomorrow.
2emgyuf.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks good man! Definitely wakes up the dash board at night, for the price it really does the trick

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The stock gauges are usually off to begin with. Just fix them when the car is cold and set everything to cold/low. Should be pretty close to accurate.

LED swap looks great.

9838stang

Reaction score
I got mine from superbrightleds.com Ill get you the link for the ones i have. They have been in there for 3 years now no problems

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You may have just put the bulb in backwards, I believe some are picky on their polarity. Swap looks great, really need to do this mod on my current car. Had them in my 95 and loved them at night.

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
Yeah, those wedges 9838 linked are the bulbs I bought. I picked up 10 of them in case I got any duds (don't think I did) and I figure the other 3 can be plugged in somewhere or another on the car. I also discovered that the guy I bought the car from did in fact remove the check engine bulb, which would explain a few things... I should've noticed when I first turned the key before buying it. Stupid me.

My turn signal indicators don't work either so I'm looking for some really tiny LEDs to replace in there also. I'm getting LED happy now, figure I'll replace every bulb on the car with LED.

As far as having the bulb in backwards, you're saying that might have thrown off my temp gauge?

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
Also, 9838, your dash is brighter than mine I think unless you're in the shade there. I turned mine on during the day but the sun was shining into the cabin pretty good and I couldn't see until night if I had any screwups with the swap.

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
The stock gauges are usually off to begin with. Just fix them when the car is cold and set everything to cold/low. Should be pretty close to accurate.

LED swap looks great.

Thanks, though I have mad respect for the extra work you put in making your interior red. Looks sick. Black/red is a great combo, and red is my 2nd favorite color after blue... but it's a close one. Always with black though.

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those are actually more than I spent on the ones I got at superbright. Got the wedges for just under 4 bucks each.

Oh, by the way, your swap looks great. Did your radio come blue or does it have adjustable key color?

Did you read the eBay ad? That's 10 for $8...

And yes my stereo came in blue, luckily is matches pretty good :)

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
Oh, it's 10? I did miss that part. Damn good deal... might pick up another bunch for other areas of the car.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I can't tell by the pictures but are the bulbs reflecting a blue hue on the cluster or they match the factory green color? I had the blues in my cluster for about 4+ years now, and want to get more to the OEM look but with a brighter output.

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
The bulbs from the factory have a yellow tint so when it hits the blue tint on the back of the gauge cluster it's green. LED lights are true white so they show the gauges as blue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.