Granatelli fuel pump pick up

Presto78

Reaction score
Could I use the Granatelli fuel pump hat on my 01 Mustang stock fuel tank and just use an external pump and my own lines? I'm trying to avoid sumping the tank or getting an aftermarket tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Could I use the Granatelli fuel pump hat on my 01 Mustang stock fuel tank and just use an external pump and my own lines? I'm trying to avoid sumping the tank or getting an aftermarket tank.

Do you have a link to the one youre looking at? Typically with a setup like this youll need to run a return line and convert it from returnless.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it will fit. You guys think it will?

I dont think its going to fit. The 98 and up tanks have a different type of pickup assembly. Youll need to swap an older tank and get that pickup tube with an external pump to do what you want to do.

You can get a double pump hat for your tank and just run internal pumps.

OP
OP
P

Presto78

Reaction score
I just did a quick search for the double pump hat and it's expensive I may as well just get a Glens tank for that price. I wasn't sure the older tanks would fit the 99 - 04? Is the filler neck in the same location? I have a 94 Mustang that I'm not doing anything with right now would that tank fit? Thanks for the reply.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I just did a quick search for the double pump hat and it's expensive I may as well just get a Glens tank for that price. I wasn't sure the older tanks would fit the 99 - 04? Is the filler neck in the same location? I have a 94 Mustang that I'm not doing anything with right now would that tank fit? Thanks for the reply.

Oh man, swap the 94 tank and filler neck in there and use that pickup assembly that you want to use. Youre going to run new lines anyway so you dont have to bother swapping any lines over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online