Gray 98 gt buildup hopefully

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
So i know this threads kinda dead but went to the pick-a-part and figured out the vacuum line. So current problems are a misfire when it start (it goes away after warming up, maybe the year old cali gas?), needs headlight( dunno who wired up the old oned but screw them) And a bad heater core apparently but its almost all back together20200206_101137_HDR.jpg 20200206_101306_HDR.jpg
Wanna align the bumper better but itll do for now

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
I'm coming up on 4, life keeps getting in the way.
Yeah, life is gonna get in the way of this build, if it isnt reliable by april im going to have to leave the car for 6 months while i move for my job

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m over 5 years on mine and it won’t be back together anytime soon. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
i told myself on my current car that i wouldn't do that and i'd keep it a driver even if i have to drive it while its ugly and missing shit. My 1st fox coupe that i drove 3 states away and trailered it home i never drove. Sold it off before putting the drive train i had collected for it. i think it sat 2.5 years.

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
I’m over 5 years on mine and it won’t be back together anytime soon. [emoji38]

Why has it taken that long? Just keep pushing it back?

i told myself on my current car that i wouldn't do that and i'd keep it a driver even if i have to drive it while its ugly and missing shit. My 1st fox coupe that i drove 3 states away and trailered it home i never drove. Sold it off before putting the drive train i had collected for it. i think it sat 2.5 years.

Yeah it doesnt matter how bad a car is running or its condition, just having a running car will motivate you to work on it. Forgot who said it but it was one of the roadkill guys

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why has it taken that long? Just keep pushing it back?

Built a brand new house, got screwed out of $75k over a 2 year period by an ex good friend/biz partner while building said house, made too many flip flop decisions on cars direction during that time and sold off half the parts off of the car.

Oh and I started my own business in 18 which took a lot of the time and money I didn’t have. Now I just don’t have the time but hopefully this spring I’ll be getting some parts and at least making it a rolling chassis again instead of just a shell on jack stands.

joe65

Reaction score
i'm going to say that most if not all of us here have made more than a few car decisions that weren't profitable to our bank account or life. lol

ok then, story time: Back in 2003 the Wife and I went out for breakfast bagels in Boulder Colorado. on the way out of Boulder I happened to notice a brand spanking new Red Mach 1 at the Ford Dealer. We were in the 3 year old 00GT that i had to have in 2000...well, that red machI ended up driving us home that day. lol...I had just basically finished putting all the bolt ons i could imagine on the GT and it still hurts for me to think about all the parts i had on that car and what they gave me for trade in on it. I wouldn't be so salty about my decision if i had kept that Mach 1, but nope had to unload it 1.5 years later because of mis judging finances...yep, stupid is as stupid does!

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
Built a brand new house, got screwed out of $75k over a 2 year period by an ex good friend/biz partner while building said house, made too many flip flop decisions on cars direction during that time and sold off half the parts off of the car.

Oh and I started my own business in 18 which took a lot of the time and money I didn’t have. Now I just don’t have the time but hopefully this spring I’ll be getting some parts and at least making it a rolling chassis again instead of just a shell on jack stands.

Yeah, it suck that kind of stuff happens to people. I really do believe people get what they deserve and that it all works out. What kind of business did you start?

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
Luckily my problems pretty small compared to other people but, everyones different. Want to just pay off a 3k debt i have and start my job and my life. Been trying to get into fire amd this year will be my first but it dont start til the end of april and its hard to get a job when your honest and tell people youll leave in 2 months

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it suck that kind of stuff happens to people. I really do believe people get what they deserve and that it all works out. What kind of business did you start?

We do network infrastructure, security, commercial audio video for conference rooms and training rooms, video walls, home theaters and whole home automation........

In other words, were a digital specialties company!!!! [emoji38]

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
Okay well ive had an overheating issue and i cant figure it out since the engine didnt overheat in the donor car, and the engine that had rodnock in the car didn't ever over heat so i bought an ebay radiator and fan shroud to hopefully end this issue.
20200223_094943_HDR.jpg
We just installed a 180 degree thermostat and are installing the fan shroud however there are ac lines in the way stopping me from dropping this new radiator in so my question is will cutting the lines in the way affect anything other then ac? Should i just delete ac?
20200223_131943_HDR.jpg
Any help appreciated

07GtS197

Reaction score
Before you get too deep into hacking into the ac lines and whatnot, I would strongly suggest finding the reason for it overheating.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I wouldn’t cut those AC lines if they are holding Freon; it’ll make a mess and it’s terrible for your lungs/the environment (I’ve been told).

I’ve changed the radiator and fan without removing AC lines in the past. Make sure you separate the fan shroud from the radiator and pull them out one at a time; I don’t think there’s enough room to pull them out together.

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
Before you get too deep into hacking into the ac lines and whatnot, I would strongly suggest finding the reason for it overheating.

I wouldn’t cut those AC lines if they are holding Freon; it’ll make a mess and it’s terrible for your lungs/the environment (I’ve been told).

I’ve changed the radiator and fan without removing AC lines in the past. Make sure you separate the fan shroud from the radiator and pull them out one at a time; I don’t think there’s enough room to pull them out together.
Too late i cut then apparently there brake lines cause i dont have brakes anymore. Shiiiiiit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online