Gray 98 gt buildup hopefully

OP
OP
ModalMustang

ModalMustang

Reaction score
are you going to pull the entire hard brake lines? You can probably just cut them off clean and then flare them again otherwise I am not sure I would trust junk yard 20+ yr old brake lines.

I had thought about that but honestly i think pulling them from a junkyard would be easier, i cut them pretty flush to the nuts so dont thing fixing these lines is an option. Pretty bummed out that i did this but oh well. Should be able to daily it after i fix this

Last edited:

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Sorry for not posting for a long time but i was kinda busy, anyway i got the car fixed and running ill try to post an update on it soon

Last edited:

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Also i seemed to have forgot my accounts password

Last edited:

MoMustangs

Reaction score
So ill try to update everyone, i ended up buying new brake lines only to find out that their are different abs systems depending on year and trim... Noone selling these brake lines specifies which they are....

So anyway i ended up paying my local shop to replace the lines
20200420_104124_HDR.jpg

And then i went to find some headlights to replace the aftermarket one pieces someone had put on

And that has been it i ended up dailying this thing after i got it running, the build has been slowed down because of stuff i have to pay off/ got a ticket going pretty fast and Ive still gotta go to court for that

Recently bought it a few upgrades, ill be sure to post them asap.
How has everyone been? I plan on coming more often now that i want to spend some money fixing it up.

Which brings me to something i have to ask people that have suspension upgrades, i want to make this car handle as good as i can for less than $3k, what should i look into upgrading? Completely stock as of now

Last edited:

MoMustangs

Reaction score
what are you wanting to do with it? Drag/road race or something else?
My main goal is just to do canyon carving, i live in socal so their are some pretty nice roads, i dont mind a rougher ride seeing as i dont commute very far for work and most roads are nicely paved

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This depends on what you want to do work wise also. You can always irs swap the car, it’s not hard and deals can be found to get it cheaper. Then you have to swap out all the bushings to get rid of the rubber. Or, you can build on to your current rear suspension with a torque arm/panhard bar setup and some good lower control arms. Up front will pretty much boil down to sway bar choice, good springs/coil overs, and the strut that you want. Don’t forget to either go tuber a arms or get rid of the stock rubber bushings up front. Most importantly though, start with subframe connectors.

MoMustangs

Reaction score
This depends on what you want to do work wise also. You can always irs swap the car, it’s not hard and deals can be found to get it cheaper. Then you have to swap out all the bushings to get rid of the rubber. Or, you can build on to your current rear suspension with a torque arm/panhard bar setup and some good lower control arms. Up front will pretty much boil down to sway bar choice, good springs/coil overs, and the strut that you want. Don’t forget to either go tuber a arms or get rid of the stock rubber bushings up front. Most importantly though, start with subframe connectors.
Subframe connectors are definetly the first thing im going to order for the car, i want to replace most of the rear bushing to poly. Dont think i want to go irs anytime soon, maybe in the future when this car isnt my daily

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Welp the seat got here quicker than expected but yeah i got a corbeau forza seat, a set of the gt350r rep wheels sve made

20201204_162537_HDR.jpg
20201204_162546_HDR.jpg
, new headlights, and the trunk support shock thingies. Went for the first ride today and i like the seats but surprisingly the bride seat my friend has feels better
20201204_174448_HDR.jpg
His is worn in though so i hope it breaks in nicely
This is probably the best purchase ive ever made so far in life

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Yeah i am kinda worried about that, i know theyll fill out the rear nicely, i hope the front doesnt poke out that far when i get them all mounted, well have to wait and see

Last edited:

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Okay so another update not much this time but i figure ill post it anyway. I discovered a valve cover leak on the passenger side so i took care of thatIMG_20210213_114216.jpg
Before that i changed the coil packs and sparkplugs, never changed them since i swapped this engine in and i figure it wouldn't hurt.
Weve had this car for just about three years and for those three years its had a diff cover leak
Finally got around to fixing thatIMG_20210213_114515.jpg
Put a lube locker in there so that should shut er up.
Got a dashcam to film the backroad drivingIMG_20210213_114223.jpg

Also got some tyres on the sve350r rims. Definitly looks better than stock, grips better tooIMG_20210213_121954.jpg

Sadly i think this project will start slowing down again, this car has most of its issues i had been neglecting for awhile fixed, other than the ps leak. I have the subframe connectors in my garage i plan on getting them on at a friends house
i might be moving out of the house im at right now so i need to save up money for a bit, and try to buy a house 2 years down the line soo the cars gonna relax before it turns into a auto-x/track car.

Heres a vid of a canyon ride with the new wheel setup on

Attachments

• IMG_4843.JPG
    IMG_4843.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210213_122825.jpg
    IMG_20210213_122825.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210213_122830.jpg
    IMG_20210213_122830.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 8

d.garza18

Reaction score
Okay so another update not much this time but i figure ill post it anyway. I discovered a valve cover leak on the passenger side so i took care of thatView attachment 9340
Before that i changed the coil packs and sparkplugs, never changed them since i swapped this engine in and i figure it wouldn't hurt.
Weve had this car for just about three years and for those three years its had a diff cover leak
Finally got around to fixing thatView attachment 9342
Put a lube locker in there so that should shut er up.
Got a dashcam to film the backroad drivingView attachment 9343

Also got some tyres on the sve350r rims. Definitly looks better than stock, grips better tooView attachment 9347

Sadly i think this project will start slowing down again, this car has most of its issues i had been neglecting for awhile fixed, other than the ps leak. I have the subframe connectors in my garage i plan on getting them on at a friends house
i might be moving out of the house im at right now so i need to save up money for a bit, and try to buy a house 2 years down the line soo the cars gonna relax before it turns into a auto-x/track car.

Heres a vid of a canyon ride with the new wheel setup on
Looking good!

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question, I did a run through the canyons today and it seems that my transmission is overheating,

I pulled over just to take a break and let my brakes cool down when I realized something on my car was smoking. Looked under the car real quick to see that it was coming out of the bottom of my transmission where the cluch cable cover is.

Is there anything I can do about this? Looked online real quick to find nothing, automatic transmissions have oil coolers, but there's no kits for a t45 on lmr/am

07GtS197

Reaction score
Are you sure the clutch isn’t slipping? Might as well check the fluid level and condition while you’re poking around under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online