Great customer service from Accufab!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Picked up a used Accufab throttle body and plenum dirt cheap off Craigslist last fall. Installed them on my 98 GT, started and ran great but idled too high. I adjusted the throttle blade opening like I would have when working on carbs and the Check Engine light came on. I then looked up install instructions (real men don't need instructions, right? :)) at the Accufab website and found the blade opening was factory calibrated and I should have been loosening the TPS screws and using a voltmeter to adjust the idle instead. Their website offered free recalibration, all I pay is shipping. I boxed it up and shipped it off.

Friday I got a call from them. The tech said it was an early model and asked how long I have had it. I told him I got it used. He said the throttle shaft was worn and needed to be replaced. I asked how much that would cost and he said he had already done it and there was no extra charge. I said "you are kidding, right?" and he said "Nope!"

I got the box today. They polished the brass blade, cleaned the aluminum so it looks like chrome, and included a new gasket and a package with mounting screws and TPS screws AT NO CHARGE! This, for a guy who bought it used. Thanks, Accufab!

macuser27

Reaction score
Picked up a used Accufab throttle body and plenum dirt cheap off Craigslist last fall. Installed them on my 98 GT, started and ran great but idled too high. I adjusted the throttle blade opening like I would have when working on carbs and the Check Engine light came on. I then looked up install instructions (real men don't need instructions, right? :)) at the Accufab website and found the blade opening was factory calibrated and I should have been loosening the TPS screws and using a voltmeter to adjust the idle instead. Their website offered free recalibration, all I pay is shipping. I boxed it up and shipped it off.

Friday I got a call from them. The tech said it was an early model and asked how long I have had it. I told him I got it used. He said the throttle shaft was worn and needed to be replaced. I asked how much that would cost and he said he had already done it and there was no extra charge. I said "you are kidding, right?" and he said "Nope!"

I got the box today. They polished the brass blade, cleaned the aluminum so it looks like chrome, and included a new gasket and a package with mounting screws and TPS screws AT NO CHARGE! This, for a guy who bought it used. Thanks, Accufab!

Very nice! Way to go Accufab!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online