Greenstang's surgery

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
5431045ecda145afdd0ab626b6980dbf.jpg

Got a lot accomplished on the Greenstang today in just a few hours.

Cameron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
af1091a36b33abc91f8f108ac09664ec.jpg

Day 3 progress so far.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
37db420b540895d2e7fcdea70015478e.jpg

Just waiting on this shops water jet machine to get fixed to get them to cut my center panel for me and then I can install toggle panel and trans controller. They said it would probably be Monday or Tuesday before its fixed so that sucks...

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
8c2ceab0a187a366e4c731ea9608d328.jpg

Welp I said piss on waiting on the water jet to get fixed and contacted another company in Knoxville ( about 40 mins from the house) and they said they could do it for me tomorrow. The hole I need cut is only about an inch long but it just had to be very precise. I told the guy it shouldn't take 5-10 mins to do it and he told me it would be about 25 dollars. So I decided to save my 25 dollars, gas money, and not waste another day and I just did it myself and it turned out AWESOME! It took me like an hour to make this cut using my dremel. What do y'all think?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing, but I cant tell what you cut. Maybe get a couple other picture? None the less, the panel looks pretty cool. Im ready to see it in the car though.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I guess its a good thing, but I cant tell what you cut. Maybe get a couple other picture? None the less, the panel looks pretty cool. Im ready to see it in the car though.

I had to cut the screen hole for the trans controller. It was pretty challenging to do with a dremel especially knowing if I mess it up that's a hundred dollar panel lol.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
2228f6469b4227f52f209367ed3da062.jpg
d84504f04dd52977cade2626afd7f48e.jpg

Got A LOT accomplished today! All the wiring is done except for my push to start wire I have to get some wire to make it longer. I got my custom center panel installed as you can see and it looks AWESOME! I had to cut some of the plastic cross bracing in the middle while leaving the outsides with the threaded clips to make my items clear and broke one of the factory mounting spots (of course it would have been too easy) so I had to search for one of the little copper/brass things that clips in and is threaded for the screw to go in because it flew off when the plastic piece broke. I managed to super glue the plastic factory mounting pieces back in place and they held really good and my dad ever so lucky found the brass/copper threaded insert piece. Whew! Long day! What do y'all think?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Uh yeah? Because the driver is closer to the left.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
As well as you try cutting ABS plastic with a dremel using a cutting wheel and see how straight and centered it comes out. Shit melts it like crazy. Took me an hour or more to make the one single 1.5-2" cut for the screen on the trans controller.

Cameron

chris91

Reaction score
Should have taken a small drill bit and drilled holes as a guide at the corners and sides where you wanted to cut.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Really? Lol you think that would help? Hahaha! Plastic melts EASY especially when cutting it with a dremel. For the screen I cut you couldn't drill guide holes or you would be drilling through the panel. Had to trace it and follow lines.

For the switch panel I could "even it out" so to speak because I just cut out to make the back fit through not the whole width of the panel but it serves no purpose to "even it out" it looks great and it's closer to the driver side and I don't have to lean over to hit all the switches. If you don't like it then you don't have too lol I didn't make it to please others I made it to please me and it does just that.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Hey nice piece, my dads doing the same to his 94 gt. btw, what fuel pressure regulator are you using?

chris91

Reaction score
What's with the attitude??? I didnt say that it looks like shit, just asked a simple f**king question and gave you an idea based on things that I have experience with. With the plastic you cut the hole smaller than you need and take a burr bit and then basically grind it into shape.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Where I have no experience? I got the job done and it looks great? So don't know what your trying to say you have experience with that I don't here. Yes of course I knew you can still 4 holes as guides but as I said before I didn't cut the full length of the piece I cut enough to make the back fit through. I wanted it to the left so it was easier to reach. I'm not sure what your trying to say you have experience with that I don't but w/e. And the attitude just comes natural on this forum everyone hates everything anyone has got because their stuff will "always be better" and they try to pick it apart to make themselves feel better about their junk. The way you made your question seem you didn't say anything good about it at all you just said "why is it to the left" trying to find any flaw possible as I take it. It's all good if I over reacted it happens just tired of people not giving any credit to people who bust their ass on their parts and do it with what they've got and don't have fancy machines.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey nice piece, my dads doing the same to his 94 gt. btw, what fuel pressure regulator are you using?

Thanks man! Well as you know my car is carb'd. You want to run under 7 PSI with them. I run mine about 4.5-5 psi. I run a Mallory Fuel Pressure regulator it was about 100 bucks from Summit Racing and has been worth every penny and performed flawlessly out of the box.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Are you running a return style too? part number 4609? did yours have issues leaking at all? [MENTION=17934]99GreenStang[/MENTION]

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Yeah I'm running a return style. The Mallory I've got you can run return or just block it off and not run a return I believe? And no I haven't had any issues with leaking at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online