Greenstang's surgery

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well my Quick Fuel carb will FINALLY ship out tomorrow... Taking them forever lol. But anyways I'm working on installing the new Cal Custom overflow tank today and I decided to send the Billet Specialties Air Cleaner back and go with the KN 14x3 X stream with a pre-charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
8313a4e1600bffe3026221443f07a8d0.jpg
0a64b1f2e367c6754be4ee3b79f5bf03.jpg

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
b0db3a356d2668b20e56624f935bdc3d.jpg

Here's a pic after I washed and waxed the Stang the other day just gettin er' clean and ready for all the new parts!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Haha I'm OCD nothing I can't handle! [emoji106] haha

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Got the Carburetor TPS kit installed. The kit was made for a Holley and everything worked up until I realized the choke housing screws are in different location on a Quick Fuel and this is what the kit uses to mount the TPS bracket but with some modifications (A trip to the local Ace Hardware for a longer screw and some washers) along with a little bending of the TPS bracket I managed to make it all work GREAT on the Quick Fuel!

I had to order a new fuel line as my fuel line will not work on this Quick Fuel so I called Summit Racing and put in the order and it should be here tomorrow!

Also while I was at Ace Hardware I picked up some longer screws for mounting my new Quick 4 Transmission Controller onto my custom Florida 5.0 panel ( Where my Quick 1 Transmission controller was previously mounted). I've gotta tweak the transmission controller some to get the push button/knob to function correctly in the panel without catching like it's doing now though and I'll probably take care of that tomorrow evening.

I should fire this thing up tomorrow evening if all goes according to plan. I'll post more pictures tomorrow possibly along with a video of it running.

Thanks for reading

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation on a quiet external electric fuel pump? I'm running a Holley Blue pump and I can literally hear it over my car haha it's stupid LOUD! A Summit Tech recommended me the Edelbrock 1791 Quiet-Flo does anyone have first hand experience with this pump or if you have a recommendation feel free to chime in.

Thanks

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Went ahead and bought a new fuel pump that's supposed to be one of the quietest external electric fuel pumps made. It's the Edelbrock Quiet-Flo I mentioned in my previous post. I went ahead and bought it from Summit Racing as there was a promotion going on if you buy it you get a free 43 dollar Russel Fuel filter. And let's be honest even if they didn't have the promotion, I would have still bought it from them LOL. So GOOD RIDDANCE LOUD ASS Holley Blue pump! [emoji111]

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That's really cool. I hope that one works out and is quiet the way it says it should be. I have ne experience with electric pumps for a carb so I couldn't help out there lol.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Thanks 96blak54! And yeah I hope it is quiet too lwarrior1016. A blender running inside a metal bucket would be quieter than the Holley Blue pump LOL!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Typically you find the "loud" ones mounted directly to the body or frame which in turns resonates through the whole car making it much louder. It helps when their is an isolator between the 2. They still loud but this method helps to quiet it down. Better to buy a known quiet pump.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I wired up the tach to the coil today and wired up the TPS as well. New fuel line for the Quick Fuel and the Fuel Pump should be here tomorrow (Friday).

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Yeah I am aware of that 96blak54. I mount mine on my fuel cell frame and I plan to put some rubber in between it when I install the new one.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my idle speed screw. I can start tightening it (such as to open the blades and increase the idle) and it will start opening the blades and then it's like the screw loses tension and it lets them return until I keep tightening and then it finally takes. Not really sure what the deal is there. If no one here has an idea I guess I'll just give QF a call Monday.

Also I can pull back on the throttle (toward front of car as if to close it when it's idling) and sometimes the car idles down further or dies.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Welp I kinda sorta forgot to put the fast idle screw back on when I installed the TPS kit. So had to take the carb back off, buy a new gasket, take all the TPS stuff off and fix it, then the gasket stuck to the carb like pine tar sticking to a bears ass in mid July and so I had to scrape all that off and now I've got it back installed. Choke seems to be working fine now but now I've gotta wrestle this fuel line back on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online