Greenstang's surgery

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Use a chevy turbo 400. (I think thats what its called)

This guy did
c452a373bb38eef98dc696bcb455c4f0.jpg

He was given a 1500hp guarantee. The guy said the tranny in stock untouch form is worth 800hp. Im not sure what all is done to it, but he was using a factory style tranny that came with the truck, but expensively upgraded to handle the power. Well....it didnt hold up. Long story short, it was junk compared to what he has now. Many folk tried to inform him going the chevy tanny was the cheapest best option. The thing is an absolute rocket!

c20388cd0aebcb98500b38d253d0d1f5.jpg

Correct me here if im wrong, but I do believe this type of tranny uses a tv cable on the trottle body? He had a manual valve body installed, so no cables, no electronics, but he did have to buy a floor shifter.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Use a chevy turbo 400. (I think thats what its called)

This guy did
c452a373bb38eef98dc696bcb455c4f0.jpg

He was given a 1500hp guarantee. The guy said the tranny in stock untouch form is worth 800hp. Im not sure what all is done to it, but he was using a factory style tranny that came with the truck, but expensively upgraded to handle the power. Well....it didnt hold up. Long story short, it was junk compared to what he has now. Many folk tried to inform him going the chevy tanny was the cheapest best option. The thing is an absolute rocket!

c20388cd0aebcb98500b38d253d0d1f5.jpg

Correct me here if im wrong, but I do believe this type of tranny uses a tv cable on the trottle body? He had a manual valve body installed, so no cables, no electronics, but he did have to buy a floor shifter.

The price of a bell housing adapter is 300-400 bucks to put a Chevy trans on a Ford engine. If I wanted to go manual valve body I could do that to the 4R70W that's in the Mustang now. Cost is 460 dollars to go to a manual valve body built by SilverFox or get the TransGo reprogramming kit and build the valve body yourself (requires drilling) for 200ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
http://forums.corral.net/forums/gt-sohc/1480777-poor-mans-junkyard-2v-5.html

That's the link. You should read over what this guy did, he has some real nice work done to his car and did it all pretty cheap.

Thanks warrior, I'll give this a look. What I'm probably going to end up doing, if I don't sell the car, is pulling the 4R70W and find an AOD transmission and put it in or pull the 4R70W and buy the TransGo reprogramming kit and take it to a shop and have them go through the transmission and install the TransGo reprogramming kit which makes the 4R70W valve body into a full manual valve body so therefore it no longer requires the use of a computer. The guy at the transmission shop told me a while back that he would go through the transmission and install the valve body for like 150-200 bucks?? with me providing all parts. It was a very cheap price he quoted me. I was surprised it was that cheap. But all in all I really don't know what I want to do at the moment with the car. I'm really fed up with the car honestly.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online