Greetings from the space coast

Five O

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I meant to do this before but I ended up just jumping right into the forums and asking questions, sorry about that. I'm Mike from Florida, and I recently bought a car I've always wanted-a 95 5.0 SN95. I love the car and it's beautiful inside and out, motor runs strong, etc. I kind of got ripped off though because I massively overpaid (they went to great lengths to hide things wrong with the car). Paid 4 grand for it, but I didn't realize that the odometer didn't work until I was on the road back home. Lo and behold, things started breaking immediately afterward-the throwout bearing now squeaks (just bought a stage 2 kit to replace it), had to replace the gas tank with a hole in it (didn't see all the rust under the car b/c they painted over it to hide it), A/C just started blowing warm (blew cold before, probably a quick charge to sell it), just replaced my window motor and regulator (worked when I bought the car), and I have an issue with fluctuating voltage in idle (likely the alternator/belt). Had to drop about 600 bucks on my rear end to have it repaired (they recommended a replacement which I'd love to have done if I had the extra grand), apparently the car had been hit in the back at some point and the flanges and crap were all bent and they had to torch and bang it all back into place. Saved me some cash though, just had that done and new brakes.

The body's completely straight, interior's in pretty good shape (a couple minor electrical issues such as dome light not turning on when I first open the door but coming on when I've turned the car on then off and open it to get out and a weird electrical noise over the back speaker when turning left). Clock pod doesn't work but I don't care about that too much.

I made the mistake of becoming infatuated with the car when I drove it and not finding the things wrong with it, but I've already put about 6 grand total into the car (including purchase price) so I'm pretty much in it for the long haul now.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Welcome to another from the Sunshine State!!!!! post up some pics of your ride!!!!!!!! Know what you mean about finding stuff later....thus the name of my car! Fantasy of Flight coming up next Saturday.

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
I have a couple pics on my profile but those are all I've got at the moment, working on getting some more-when I get them I'll put 'em up.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome! It's unfortunate about having issues but that's expected with most used vehicles. The nice thing is if you do it right and keep replacing things, eventually you will have a peace of mind and it'll be like new. At least that's my goal! Good luck

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well at least you got 2 shafts when you bought it . The Driveshaft and Yep. LOL sorry couldn't resist it ! Welcome Aboard friend at least you got the car you like as long as you like it and have a passion for it , then money can't value that.

God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Five O

Five O

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I actually used to live in Kissimmee, G36, so I'm very familiar with O-town. I already fixed the odometer... I still seem to have a few little problems with the dash though, no turn signal arrow indicators or check engine lights. I'm assuming it's bulbs, but I haven't really bothered to check yet.

So far I've had my rear end repaired and rear brake rotors/calipers replaced, gas tank replaced including all associated parts, had the e brake "messed with" and it works now but needs new cables, and had the window motor and regulator replaced. Next up is alternator/serp belt and then clutch kit install and I should be in proper functioning order except a few quirks.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
You will have a new car before long LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Welcome man, I also know what you mean about finding problems with the car. Pretty much most of the things I have done to my car has been to reverse the stupid stuff the previous owners have done lol. I've just about replaced every interior panel because the clips/hooks and any other fasteners used to hold interior pieces in place were busted but luckily I found a pretty much mint black interior at a local pull and pay and replaced all that for under $100. It's kind of like a jump start in learning more about your car because your forced to fix those things lol. Plus like was said before eventually everything will be like new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online