Grid-less rear window

Caboose302

Reaction score
is there a way to remove the rear defroster grid? Or would it just be easier to replace the entire window? I'm going to have all the glass pulled when I have the car repainted after suspension and engine rebuild. Just wanting a cleaner look since it will rarely, if ever, see rain or snow now.

ster302

Reaction score
I think it would be a pain to remove if even possible, never thought about it. My GT wasn't equipped with rear defrost, tint looks much better.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I think it would be a pain to remove if even possible, never thought about it. My GT wasn't equipped with rear defrost, tint looks much better.
Exactly. I think they look like crap with the tint over the grid. Especially since that's always where the tint seems to peel first. Just trying to save money without buying a new window but that might be my only option. I can always try it with a razor and if I screw it up I'll have to replace the window anyway, lol.

ster302

Reaction score
The biggest problem I think would be where the connections are soldered to the glass. If you heated the solder you could still damage the glass.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can always sand/polish glass if it gets scratched it. I might start with an old on that you can possibly mess up with out worrying about it first. Willing to bet a light chemical stripper and a razor knife would get the majority of it off.

JKady

Reaction score
The biggest problem I think would be where the connections are soldered to the glass. If you heated the solder you could still damage the glass.
Those tabs pop off pretty easily, I just did it on accident removing the trim around the rear side window the other day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online