Grinds going into first gear

JimmyGT

Reaction score
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out...I am the owner of a 95 GT and I've noticed that when going into first gear you have to either be stopped or going under 5mph or else it will grind and it also grinds going into reverse from a stand still. Is this a simple adjustment with linkage or what?? Sorry if I sound like a total newb/retard but I am a newb when it comes to cars. Any bit of knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The car has the T-5 with beefy gears and a spec stage 2 clutch.
Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What's beefy gears ? and that's normal for 1st for the most part , if you gear down into first going to quick it will actually lock he back tires up for a second or 2 . As for reverse it's common practice to go into a forward gear before going into reverse ... Reverse is not a synchronized gear it's squared off so that's why going into a forward gear makes it just go in .

Rallim

Reaction score
^ This, first gear just sucks for wanting to go in, hence the reason I want to go with diferent gears since I have to downshift into first on the track which is ridiculous. And non synchronized gear for reverse as he said. Just play with it a lot and it'll go in eventually LOL

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^ This, first gear just sucks for wanting to go in, hence the reason I want to go with diferent gears since I have to downshift into first on the track which is ridiculous. And non synchronized gear for reverse as he said. Just play with it a lot and it'll go in eventually LOL

I'm sorry but the last sentence cracked me the **** up

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
sounds normal to me for both. My reverse is not that bad, but it grinds sometimes or you have to drive forward 1 inch then try to get into reverse.

First gear you have to be stopped or be going really freaking slow to get back into it while rolling. Just use second if your rolling instead of trying 1st.

Also are you a member of the chicagoland mustang club site??

RichV

Reaction score
Learn some heel-toe action. It is normal to some extent, try rev-matching when you downshift.

OP
OP
J

JimmyGT

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the insight. I have been told it's not normal and my trans is ****ed or something has to be adjusted.(not by a mechanic or shop, by some dumb **** obviously) so I tried putting in gear then into reverse and it worked perfect thanks for that! Twista I'm registering for CMC right now.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the insight. I have been told it's not normal and my trans is ****ed or something has to be adjusted.(not by a mechanic or shop, by some dumb **** obviously) so I tried putting in gear then into reverse and it worked perfect thanks for that! Twista I'm registering for CMC right now.

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online