Ground or fuse problem

bmcgc

Reaction score
1994 GT Convertible

I removed the sun visors today to have them reupholstered.

Now the clock, radio, speedo, door locks do not work.

I checked all the fuses with a test light. All work.

Are there any fuses other than what is in the two fuse boxes?

By removing the visors and unplugging the mirror lights have I removed a ground?

Im at a loss on what to check next.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure those are not relate neither in fuse nor ground but would need the year/model to check my books for sure.

It sounds stupid but I would probably go back and check again this time by pulling and visually inspecting them as its easy to just miss that ONE fuse you needed to see/check.

If you didn't drop the visors off already I would look into doing them yourself. Its a simple design on mine(94) where you remove the mirror/light, just put some adhesive on the old layer, lay the adhesive around it and then tuck it into the slot between them.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
The shop has them. They are doing them in red vinyl to match the interior. The mirrors and lights are not going back on. They cut the wires so I thought maybe they had blown a fuse, but all the fuses test out good. When I got home I pulled the trim off and disconnected the courtesy wiring from the plugs.

Its a 94 GT convertible.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
more then likely it is a blown fuse if they cut them and did not cut them individually. Good a 94 let me check my electrical bible and see if they are related. Give me a few.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
I double checked the fuses. Sure enough, one of them was bad. All works now. I think I got #8 and #13 backwards. One of them only has power with the key on. Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea its crazy that you probably did check every fuse under there, except that one. That is how karma works most of the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.