GT 1996 4.6 V8 Questions

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by GT46, May 10, 2015.

1. GT46

GT46 New Member

Hi everyone, I bought a mustang gt 1996 as a project car.
    It's my first ford mustang, I'm from Germany.

Here in Germany i have to order parts in us-shops and i have to wait 3-4 weeks until they arrive.
    I have the feed and return fuel system, so in need the rubber fuel lines with the quick connect in 2 different sizes.

[​IMG]

In which sizes do i need them ? 10AN, 6AN, 8AN ? Feed and Return are different sizes.

Here is a picture of my shopping cart:

[​IMG]

What do I need? I only have 1 size in my shopping cart. I know that I need 2 different from every item.

2 Question:
    The pressure sensor in the picture below. I don't know where I have to connect it. It's in the right place and the electric part is connected but the 2 pipes at the bottom of the sensor. I don't know where I have to connect them.

[​IMG]

Question 3:
    What do i need to connect the brake lines?

[​IMG]

4 Question:
    For what is the black pipe that is not connected? If you look straight at the middle of the picture at the rear of the engine?

[​IMG]

Thank you for the answers :)

2. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

Welcome to the community. I had to edit your post and embed the photos because the forum thought your post was spam.

#1 - For your question about the fuel lines, I'm not sure. We'll have to wait for somebody else to answer.

#2 - That's part of the EGR system. I'm guessing that somebody probably deactivated it once upon a time. The vacuum lines, more than likely, would have been disconnected and capped. Unless you're going to reactivate the EGR system, you don't have to worry about those.

#3 - It looks like the previous owner took the ABS system off. Honestly, I wouldn't try and put it back on, unless you really want the ABS functions. You'll have to find an ABS delete manifold to hook your lines back up.

#4 - That looks like the coolant return tube for the heater. I see the hose is disconnected from the firewall. They probably tried to bypass the heater core.