GT 1996 4.6 V8 Questions

GT46

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought a mustang gt 1996 as a project car.
It's my first ford mustang, I'm from Germany.

Here in Germany i have to order parts in us-shops and i have to wait 3-4 weeks until they arrive.
I have the feed and return fuel system, so in need the rubber fuel lines with the quick connect in 2 different sizes.

qrdt2ng7.jpg

In which sizes do i need them ? 10AN, 6AN, 8AN ? Feed and Return are different sizes.

Here is a picture of my shopping cart:

s7ozg9oi.png

What do I need? I only have 1 size in my shopping cart. I know that I need 2 different from every item.

2 Question:
The pressure sensor in the picture below. I don't know where I have to connect it. It's in the right place and the electric part is connected but the 2 pipes at the bottom of the sensor. I don't know where I have to connect them.

svhqjysi.jpg

Question 3:
What do i need to connect the brake lines?

l4cy7c7b.jpg

4 Question:
For what is the black pipe that is not connected? If you look straight at the middle of the picture at the rear of the engine?

obkpnq2i.jpg

Thank you for the answers :)

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. I had to edit your post and embed the photos because the forum thought your post was spam.

#1 - For your question about the fuel lines, I'm not sure. We'll have to wait for somebody else to answer.

#2 - That's part of the EGR system. I'm guessing that somebody probably deactivated it once upon a time. The vacuum lines, more than likely, would have been disconnected and capped. Unless you're going to reactivate the EGR system, you don't have to worry about those.

#3 - It looks like the previous owner took the ABS system off. Honestly, I wouldn't try and put it back on, unless you really want the ABS functions. You'll have to find an ABS delete manifold to hook your lines back up.

#4 - That looks like the coolant return tube for the heater. I see the hose is disconnected from the firewall. They probably tried to bypass the heater core.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online