GT VS V6

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Greggerex said:
CanaryGT said:
About what does a V6 Need to compete with the V8 Guys? In terms of mods ect.. If the GT was stock that is..... Also, whats the weight difference?

Hey.

My setup typically brings 200 rwhp & 325 rwtq and will break into the 13's in the 1/4 mile. I think that's more than competitive with a STOCK GT... :bunny3:

I'm hoping to have more hp/tq than that, I'll post up dyno results later this summer when the car is running well and properly tuned.

And I'm not hoping to hit 13's... our track here sucks. :comando:

CanaryGT said:
Hmm... Thats kinda cool... I wanna ride in a blown 6er

Come on over! :pimp2:

That seems kind of strange hp/tq ratio and your quarter mile. I guess these 6s put down different numbers. Because I'd say my car is putting down just under 200hp and there is no way i'm going to hit a 13. Good times though. O0

Greggerex

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
That seems kind of strange hp/tq ratio and your quarter mile. I guess these 6s put down different numbers. Because I'd say my car is putting down just under 200hp and there is no way i'm going to hit a 13. Good times though. O0

Roots style blowers are torque monsters, but are a little low on the hp side. 325+rwtq below 3000 rpm can get you moving pretty quick with traction. :)

Hopefully I'll have some dyno #'s and corresponding track slips by the end of Sept.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
I dont mean to as someone said be hatin but i dont understand the V6 thing. The price difference is not that big if you are going to mod it out skip a few mods and just buy a V8 instead i always thought the 6ers were for the girls or people who were not into cars, do people like the power curves more? or is it just well i have a 6 and i have extra $ so i will mod it ?

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I bought my car with cash when I was 17. In other words, I bought a V6 because I wanted a Mustang and I could afford one. On top of that my dad didn't want me to have a V8 because of the insurance.

4 years later and it has just grown on me and I like the idea of having a quick six. When my project is done I should be well into the 13's which I think is pretty fast for my car.

Even though you basically have to run 10's in a daily driver to be considered fast these days, I think it's still pretty sweet.

topless95

Reaction score
Not to be hatin, but nothing sounds like a v-8. Trust me I have all of the respect in the world for cars like the old Grand Nationals, but they sound like vacuum cleaners :rollinglaugh:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Like he said, not to be hating but V-6s sound like ass.... sorry... just IMO they do
Even with exhaust and all....
They don't compare to a GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
cammed v6s sound good untill higher rpms...

I wouldnt mind having a blown v6.

Even with h/c/i it doesnt look like v6s keep up.

the only way to get them moving is nitrous or f/i

The reason he only made 200 hp is becuase hes got the damn single port heads....im assuming it would be high 13s if he ran 13s too.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
Those sound awesome... right until you rev it up then that actually sounds really bad like a freaking lawn mower

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I forgot I was going to add that the first video I posted, the pre-99, has a Termi blower on it. Unfortunately he totaled it like a week ago. He was able to get it back from his insurance company and from my understanding he's going to put his m112 V6 into anther pre-99.

voidfinger

Reaction score
those stangs sounded good to me.

I've heard that the thing to do is the 99 up v6 head swap and the split port intake from a van.... and a custom cam...

i was reading in MM&FF where a teal notch fox body with one ran like 10's with a 100/150 shot of nitros... thats like 11's for sn's. Pretty damn nice. but if it were me i would do the heads/intake/ and then make a custom turbo kit for it . or just do the supercoup swap and put the root blower on there .

1slosn95

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
The reason he only made 200 hp is becuase hes got the damn single port heads....im assuming it would be high 13s if he ran 13s too.

no faith?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.