GT VS V6

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
i think its like 100 for 3 pulls but i could be wrong when mine were on there they were getting full tunes not just runs

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I also want to say I feel good. I never started a thread were 90 posts and almost 900 people read. I feel happy.

Mustang68

Reaction score
engineman312 said:
i have to disagree with the guys that say a sixer with an exhaust sounds like ass. it just depends on what ppl do. i've gotten a lot of compliments on how my car sounds, and always get asked if its a GT... a stock GT though, lol. i did a dual exhaust adaptor with H-pipe and magnaflow catbacks, and kept the stock exhaust. it sounds great, even in higher rpms, although the highest i ever revved it was about 4000, lol.

i gotta agree here it definitely depends on how people set the exhausts up... ive heard a few that i really couldnt tell the difference between the v6 and the GT that was sitting next to it.. both when they idled and reved.. other than that the gt was able to rev a little higher was the only difference i noticed.. even have found a few videos on the you tube that sound great...

this ones of an 01 i found about a year ago...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzz99AV6mX0

Chris_Scott

Reaction score
as for the whole v6/v8 thing

its to each and owns likings, personally I have the Cobra, but with gas prices I don't see the bad side of having a V6, as long as it makes you happy, and keeps you out of being another honda driver, its all good :p

and there are 4.6L v6s
its just that GM makes them :p Dad had a S10 pickup truck with one, those are sweeet engines btw!

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea gas sucks... I just got a DDriver dodge neon lol. pretty sweet car.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind having a 6er...I mean honestly if I had bought a 6 it would proably be a lot faster than my gt....

I would be forced to buy a turbo kit

I would probably boost like crazy and be in the 12s If I owned a v6 mustang haha

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
Hey alll,

Well i havn't driven my V6 yet, But i love the way it sounds, and up to now I was a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE 5.0L lover!!!!
But with the small amount of money I can put into this motor and get decent power, I am more then happy with my choice.
Not to metion the gas price, Its 121 a litre here. :( So a V6 for now is a good thing.. I will be dropping a V8 someday, BUt for now I am gonna enjoy my STANG :)

DOn

8byah6

Reaction score
damn skinny mine came in at 3020 last time i went out .

NERD

Reaction score
My tuner Pete Campbell is one of the fastest Vortech 6er's in the country and it's bad ass. I love the tone of v6's almost more than v8's. It's more civilized and tonal. (Yes, before you say it, I do like Euro cars) My point is I'd take a modded V6 of a stock V8 all day long. I just hate the Cost of building a proper V6. Everything's twice as much. 4.6 2v guys shouldn't bitch because the 6er's are really much worse off.

My tuner offers a vortech kit for new edge (99+) mustangs $3200 (I think) and he guarantees 320rw and that includes tuning, injectors, everything.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
i have heard like 3 6 cylinder motors that sound good ever 4s sound good and 8 plus sounds good but not 6 its too much in the middle

MadStang

Reaction score
my car in it's current state, with me in it weighs 2930 on the scales.

I'm currently doing a longtube install as well as an intake spacer for a few more horses as well as a new dynotune. But the pre #'s were 162rwhp and 234rwtq.

Mods:

4.2 Stroker motor
207/215 110LSA
.600 lift Comp Beehives
Morana 1.73 Roller Rockers
Longer Push Rods
Morana Race Valves
Home Port & Polish (mild done by me)
-Heads
-Intake Manifolds
Transgo Manual Valve Body (J-modded)
UPR Auto Shifter
MAF forward CAI
Spintech Side Exit
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Detroit TruTrac
Moser 28 Splines Hardened Axles
91 octane conservative tune

Finished next week:
MAC Longtube Headers
Pacifica Boomtube mufflers
Side Exit
VAPauto Intake Manifold Spacer

Coming in the next month:
TKO-500 Swap

By July: Eaton M90 Swap

And at this point I can take 94-98 GT's out of the hole all the way up to 60. I even beat my friends 99 gt with bolt-ons but he's not a very good driver haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online