gt40 crate motor and supercharger

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing some power upgrades to my 94 gt. I am leaning towards getting one of those gt-40 crate motors (340 or 345 hp) Do any of you guys know if these motors will handle boost. My ideal setup would be a crate motor with a kenne bell s/c. I am looking for advice, Maybe i should get a 306?? I am looking for something that will make between 350-500 horsepower, but i still want it to be reliable and very streetable.

95pootang

Reaction score
· Production 302 roller block , fully machined
· Sealed Power forged piston .068 dish for 9.0:1
· Comp cams Extreme Energy hyd. Roller cam mild , blower specific grind 215/224 Duration @.050 .533 lift 114 LSA
· 1.54 exaust valve , longer to eliminate valve rotator and have adequate spring installed height and pressure
· Eagle I-beam steel rod with ARP cap screw bolt , bushed pin
· Cometic MLS head gaskets
· ARP head studs
· Includes oil pump and remaining gaskets to assemble
gt 40 alluminum heads / forged crank kenny bell blower 42 lb in jectors 90 mm maf sct chip. the engine its self is rated about 350 hp with the blower imlooking at mid 450 maybe higher depending on what pully im going with. hope this helps ya out. i should have all this done in the next 30 days . engine will be in on tue of next week . wed it goes in the shop.
640119_69_full.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here is what I would do instead of spending the money on a crate motor from Ford get a short block from DSS already built for boost pick out whatever heads you want and then the intake. This would be better than getting a crate motor from ford...........in my opinion anyway :D

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Here is what I would do instead of spending the money on a crate motor from Ford get a short block from DSS already built for boost pick out whatever heads you want and then the intake. This would be better than getting a crate motor from ford...........in my opinion anyway :D

Plus one.

95pootang

Reaction score
this isnt a crated motor, this was put together for my specific needs with my blower.

95pootang

Reaction score
well i can say this , this engine i had buiold for me will handle way more than 500 easy. but all said and done i just wanted to make sure the bottom end will handle what i have in store for it. im not looking to push past the 500. im looking at a respectable 450 to 500 from this set up. and if i dont hit 500 , well thats ok. im sure ill be happy with what its gonna be pushing . good luck in your quest for a engine. :pimp2:

jpajkos

Reaction score
For the 5.0's I have one word for you "STROKER"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online