Gt40 intake manifold

turboant916

Reaction score
Do I have to plug the egr hole on the lower intake manifold for my sn95? Been searching everywhere and can’t find the Answer

07GtS197

Reaction score
It depends. If you want to run an egr you can keep the hole open and use a fox egr valve. But you will have to cap off the bung on the exhaust manifold. Or you can cap it off and run the stock sn95 egr setup.

Flade

Reaction score
What upper manifold do you have? If it is the 94/95 cobra, you don’t do anything. The upper manifold is not plumbed for it. The EGR mounts to the side of the manifold like the GT. If you are using a Explorer upper, you have to investigate some. Some are plumbed for the internal EGR and some are not.

OP
OP
T

turboant916

Reaction score
I’m using the 97 explorer upper and lower intake manifold. I’m about to pull it off my car as I already put it on. I’m getting oil on my spark plugs and I’m trying to figure this out. The left side smokes under load and at idle it stops.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If you could get one of those tubular type
Would be better

I may sell mine later
Making room for a blower

Flade

Reaction score
I’m using the 97 explorer upper and lower intake manifold. I’m about to pull it off my car as I already put it on. I’m getting oil on my spark plugs and I’m trying to figure this out. The left side smokes under load and at idle it stops.
It depends on your manifold. Some Explorer manifolds have internal EGR and some don’t. You need to look at your upper manifold to determine which type you have. I would also look at your PCV system and ensure it is working correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online