gt40 Studs???

Cal35

Reaction score
So I have gt40 heads on my car now. I got my nx264hr cam. it is a nitrous cam, I was wondering if I can still use my crane cam pedestal mount 1.7 roller rockers??? do I need studs I already upgraded the springs.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
What springs did you go with, because you could end up with .542 lift and trickflow springs are good for that. No studs needed with crane rockers since their pedestal mount which means they bolt on with a 5/16 bolt and pedestal piece. Unless your heads have studs on them and then you need stud mount rocker arms.

OP
OP
Cal35

Cal35

Reaction score
What springs did you go with, because you could end up with .542 lift and trickflow springs are good for that. No studs needed with crane rockers since their pedestal mount which means they bolt on with a 5/16 bolt and pedestal piece. Unless your heads have studs on them and then you need stud mount rocker arms.

with the 1.7s it would put me at about a .544 lift so I upgraded to the comp cam springs. and yea thats what I thought the guy from comp cam never said anything about it.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Yea that's right, It should be a nice little combo, whats you bottom end consist of?

OP
OP
Cal35

Cal35

Reaction score
Stock bottom end right now a buddy of mine ran an almost identical set up on his fox with spray and got some good numbers

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
That's what I would of done if I didn't get my aluminums for cheap. I'd like to see how it runs at the track with a 150 hp shot.

OP
OP
Cal35

Cal35

Reaction score
That's what I would of done if I didn't get my aluminums for cheap. I'd like to see how it runs at the track with a 150 hp shot.

Yup my buddy ran all the way up to a 150 shot on stock everything except an e303 and drag radials. My set up is a lot better than his. I'll post time when I take it to the track in June.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online