GT500 REAR seats in a 94-98??

MrE

Reaction score
Ive been searching around the web for a while. Ive seen people swap from other generations cars into early sn95 cars. I know the fronts will fit. will the rears fit as well? I like things to match.

80302544.jpg

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
Im a sucker for racing stripe seats

Doodler

Reaction score
Subscribing in case somebody has done this. Great idea. The stock sn seats are so boring.

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the rears fit or not, but you could always get the R500 seat upholstery kit.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/tmi-sportr500-black-blue-vinyl-9904-fullset.html

This wouldn't be a bad way to go if the rears don't fit. Of course i'm that guy who always wants the hard to get things. Id want them with the grabber blue stripes which arent offered by this company. But if say i found some OEM front seats with deep blue, i could maybe see if this company could sell me just the rear covers only. That could be exceptable. Still prefer OEM but They dont look half bad.

100667_alt8

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet they "can" fit with some serious modifications... You can make anything work, however I bet the rear panels will have to be cut down a bit. I'd love to see these seats correctly installed in an sn95

lutter94

Reaction score
Subd to see if this can be done.

Also, am I alone in thinking the front seats look horrendous??

Remember when they unveiled those on this site piece by piece? Saved the top for the last, everyone was all excited till they saw the high back, then it turned to crickets....

SNorange94

Reaction score
^^Not really my style either, but they do look more modern I guess.
If they offered the low back for the SN I'd like them more.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would have to say no they will not or will not fit well or look good if you made them fit(a big enough hammer and enough duct tape and anything can fit). If you look at the very outside edge of them they could not be more different. I think the headrest would need to be removed and there would be a gap on the top left and right of them.

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
Im just curious enough to be the first one yall know to try to fit the 2010 rears lol. Expensive as hell if its a no go lol. I suppose i could sell them on ebay.

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
Id be for sure using OEM fronts. the covers do a nice job recreating the look but OEM is OEM. The prices are really reasonable from what ive seen on Ebay. None of them are auctions so might be able to lower the price a bit.

One benefit i can see to just recovering the rears it the lack of a seat hump in the center of the OEM rears for the SN95. The flat design means passengers and child seat likely fit better. I use to have a friend sit acroos the rear seat in my (sold) old 95 coupe. lol Mustang three seater lol. However i dont have to sit back there so lol. Plus i like the design of the 2010 vs the recreation. What do you think?

OP
OP
M

MrE

Reaction score
Id be for sure using OEM fronts. the covers do a nice job recreating the look but OEM is OEM. The prices are really reasonable from what i've seen on Ebay. None of them are auctions so might be able to lower the price a bit. Although i admit GT500 seats seem hard to come by. Even harder if you're after a specific color. Recaro's? Fuggetaboutit!

One benefit i can see to just recovering the rears it the lack of a seat hump in the center of the OEM rears for the SN95. The flat design means passengers and child seat likely fit better. I use to have a friend sit acroos the rear seat in my (sold) old 95 coupe. lol Mustang three seater lol. However i dont have to sit back there so lol. Plus i like the design of the 2010 vs the recreation. What do you think?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your correct oem is oem. With that being said and I had a choice between the stock leather and tmi's I would probably go with tmi. While they can make some good looking seats the quality of the leather they always used would make me look somewhere else. I mean how many 15-20 year old stock leather seats have you seen in good enough condition that you would want to own? I am not saying they do not exist but a good quality leather will last much longer then that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.