Guess I should introduce myself

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought a 98 GT last month, and after having some power draw issues decided I’d ask around here and make an account. That issues in the process of being sorted out, so hopefully the mustang will be running again soon. It’s a 1998 GT like I said, with a little over 90k miles and manual transmission.

Attachments

• 9A40590E-B096-4C25-BFEA-3334ADF7ECA3.jpeg
    9A40590E-B096-4C25-BFEA-3334ADF7ECA3.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 20

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome! There is LOTS of great knowledge here. No one person knows everything but with all of us together we can generally get the job done.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Welcome. Back in the early 2000s, I had a black 97 GT with the same wheels and gray leather.

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought a 98 GT last month, and after having some power draw issues decided I’d ask around here and make an account. That issues in the process of being sorted out, so hopefully the mustang will be running again soon. It’s a 1998 GT like I said, with a little over 90k miles and manual transmission.
Welcome!
What do you mean by "power draw"? I had and still have some mysterious electrical issues that were diagnosed as a "parasitic leak". It seems to be only in the spring when I reinstall the battery. Wierd intermitant stuff. Trunk pops open when battery is reconnected, turn signals on dash flash rapidly as if a bulb was out, blue hi-beam light on dash doesn't work. After the first few drives it all mysteriously corrects itself.
I has a great electrical guy who's now retired. Diagnosing or "chasing" this problem can run $190./hr. with no guaranteed fix. I bought the convertible NEW in 1996 but none of this started until I had Best Buy install and later un-install an alarm system. Don't EVER go to those guys for anything. Good luck and welcome! Take care of your Pony and it'll take care of you!!
RICKERMAN

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
Looks really good, Like the way the black looks, just needs some light tint, maybe 50%.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
Welcome!
What do you mean by "power draw"? I had and still have some mysterious electrical issues that were diagnosed as a "parasitic leak". It seems to be only in the spring when I reinstall the battery. Wierd intermitant stuff. Trunk pops open when battery is reconnected, turn signals on dash flash rapidly as if a bulb was out, blue hi-beam light on dash doesn't work. After the first few drives it all mysteriously corrects itself.
I has a great electrical guy who's now retired. Diagnosing or "chasing" this problem can run $190./hr. with no guaranteed fix. I bought the convertible NEW in 1996 but none of this started until I had Best Buy install and later un-install an alarm system. Don't EVER go to those guys for anything. Good luck and welcome! Take care of your Pony and it'll take care of you!!
RICKERMAN
Battery drains every day, I have to jump it to get it started. It’s in the shop right now. My mechanics a good guy and I trust him, so hopefully the charge won’t be too much. I also had a dealership installed tracker. Stupid decision, but it is their job to sell stuff so I guess I fell for it. I removed it, but I don’t think it is the source of the problem because it still drains without it installed. I don’t have any of those other issues you described, luckily.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
Looks really good, Like the way the black looks, just needs some light tint, maybe 50%.
Yeah. I think my first planned mod is probably a catback exhaust. Tint would be good for the summer, especially with the black interior I’ve got.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the mach amps are known for killing batteries and no one pulls the one out that is under the radio. I have also read of others that discovered that the light in the glove box or trunk never turns off and causing the same problem.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
Got the issue fixed. Caused by the alternator, despite AAA saying the alternator was fine lol. Good to have my stang back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online