guy pushes 800hp with a turbo stock bottom end stock 302

castine917

Reaction score
rebelyell said:
94svtturbo said:
yeah. A buddy of my has his own performance shop. He will be the one doing the initial tune on my car. i made a thread a while back about a car he built. it was a 5.0 "Cammer" motor with twin turbos. Pushed 1150 RWHP at 28 PSI. So he should get me set up pretty good. I would like to shoot for 400-450 RWHP

Yeah... I kinda doubt that's true... I think he's full of bologna.. no way a 302 made that much power...
hey rebel, he said cammer.
fastgtfairlane said:
why cant a 5.0 make that much power? ive seen 4cyls make 800+ and i know of a supra with an inline 6 making 1100 to the tires. all were turboed as well. why isnt it possible?
i saw a video yesterday of a supra pushing 1645 rwhp. have a turbo mag with many powerful cars in it but their stock blocks are considered a stronger block than the 5.0.

94svtturbo

Reaction score
rebelyell said:
94svtturbo said:
yeah. A buddy of my has his own performance shop. He will be the one doing the initial tune on my car. i made a thread a while back about a car he built. it was a 5.0 "Cammer" motor with twin turbos. Pushed 1150 RWHP at 28 PSI. So he should get me set up pretty good. I would like to shoot for 400-450 RWHP

Yeah... I kinda doubt that's true... I think he's full of bologna.. no way a 302 made that much power...

I said "Cammer" 5.0. Which is the ford racing DOHC 5.0 engine. It not a traditional 5.0. And why do you say it's not possible to make over 1000RWHP on a traditional style 302?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
rebelyell said:
94svtturbo said:

I've seen one with my own eyes.

G

GREG@SN95

94svtturbo said:
rebelyell said:
94svtturbo said:

I said "Cammer" 5.0. Which is the ford racing DOHC 5.0 engine. It not a traditional 5.0. And why do you say it's not possible to make over 1000RWHP on a traditional style 302?

oh... well then maybe.... lol... misread... don't know anything about that motor...

Nuttsgt

Reaction score
Sorry but in my opinion that guy is an idiot.

I would NEVER use a stock block with intentions to make 800HP. That's straight russian roulette..

NXCoupe if you believe in karma don't scroll down..here are pics of a stock shortblock that was pushing just under 600 RWHP. I have posted these pics before.

WHAMMMMMOOOOOHH!!!! Done...fox shortblock.

splitblockpics017.jpg

splitblockpics016.jpg

splitblockpics009.jpg

splitblockpics005.jpg

splitblockpics003.jpg

New guy here and wanted to bring this thread back from the dead.

I just wanted to call BS on the following comment. "pushing just under 600 RWHP. "

That would take about 700-725 hp at the flywheel depending on how you figure it. That engine was not making that kind of horsepower, period, as a matter fact. Interestingly, I'm curious how Lafenatu would know how much HP it was making.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
New guy here and wanted to bring this thread back from the dead.

I just wanted to call BS on the following comment. "pushing just under 600 RWHP. "

That would take about 700-725 hp at the flywheel depending on how you figure it. That engine was not making that kind of horsepower, period, as a matter fact. Interestingly, I'm curious how Lafenatu would know how much HP it was making.
And you know this how? I watched my buddy put down low 600's on his stock 302 short block. It had AFR heads, cam, and a T trim cranked up. Oh, and meth. Shortly after that he ordered a new engine complete with a Dart block.

It was even on the internet for a bit.

Nuttsgt

Reaction score
That block was also concreted...all the 1/4 passes are letting off before the finish. They need to see if it would make it down a full 1/4 in one piece. The key to stock block longevity is tune and low rpms.

Again, are you referencing the engine in post #5 ? It wasn't filled with hardblok either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online