GUYS I am scared...

Cpotts13

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been having an overwhelming urge to ditch the Mach in favor of a pre 1985 mercedes w123 diesel..

Should I be worried???

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think that benz is worthy - but check out the 1986-87 AMG Hammer - now THAT would be an awesome ride to have.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I don't think that benz is worthy - but check out the 1986-87 AMG Hammer - now THAT would be an awesome ride to have.

I do like that alot.. I bet it is impossible to find one! The w123's in my area go for around 2k. And for 2k you get near bullit proof reliability. Maybe is would make a good dd and I could garage the mach..

Yes, your Mach is beautiful.

I know.. I think about selling it from time to time for something else. But as soon as I see it I think differently..

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I used to own a 1979 280E , second owner straight from Germany. Inline 6. Bought it off my 6th grade math teacher... And I must admit - it was a fun little car to have. Got a lot people to look as you just don't see them that much.
(or at least not in the area of Michigan I was in at the time).

But I agree - keep the Mach, pick up a MB for a fun DD. Drop it on the ground an have some fun with it.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A 80s Mercedes would be less maintenance? To me that spells the opposite? Especially a diesel.

I'm not too familiar with that era of Mercedes, but old luxury cars don't spell cheaper and better to me. Especially the 80s .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I could probably understand it if we were talking something with AMG on the end of it but an 80s diesel? I think I know of a nice black one here locally if you really want too I will buy it and trade ya for the mach.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I don't know what has gotten into me with those w123's.. I wouldn't sell my machine souly to get one. However I think they would make a good dd.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This is exactly what mine looked like, but i had some slick Michelin white walls on it and mine was quite bit cleaner. But still a fun ride for what it was
CC-12-011.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online