Guys Im Worried! Emissions

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I dont think my ride is gonna pass emissions. I have MIL Eliminators and yes my CEL stays on constantly. Is it possible to pass emissions like this? If i fail i plan on getting a catted X-Pipe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.

NERD

Reaction score
Little off topic but along the same! Does anyone know if the rumor of the SOS pads up the tail pipe really fools the "sniffer"? Thanks Droptop for the wordage!

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
They dont use the sniffer here. Thet only use the puter to test.

ripper

Reaction score
NJ has one of the tuffest inspections in the us (cept fer californy) I have a o/r prochamber and flew right threw. You will fail if you have a light on though. If your tune is good the sniffer wont fail ya. You actually are burning the fuel more efficient then most stock cars if you have a good tune. Even without the cats. But you gotta do somthin with that light. MIL's may be bad or maybe like 19mustang95 said maybe its somthing else.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.

I thought Long tubes would make you fail, no matter if you have a catted x???

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
Snakebit said:

visual yes, but the actual test i dont think so.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
Fets said:
Snakebit said:

visual yes, but the actual test i dont think so.

That's right, the visual test could be failed if the inspector wants to be a complete ASS :aresehole:.........I took it to the shop that does all our work truck maintainace, so they knew me and passed it with no questions asked. I went with legal tint and the catted x pipe so I would be guarantee to pass.

white98stang

Reaction score
my 6 is stock and i failed mt inspection in NC because of bald tires but did have a little tread

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn glad I dont live in NC, well I might in a few years

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welp, I guess Brian fits right in then eh?

white98stang

Reaction score
thats so stereotypical
us north carolinians are nothing like that... we do love our nascar though :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online