Guys Need Help

cmher18

Reaction score
I was going WOT today becouse were Makeing sure everything is good for when we go to mph for the real tune. We have a 11.0 A/F with like only 14-15 degress in the car to keep it safe. Well today i was cheacking the a/f Car was Great but when i got back there was Coolent all over (by coolent cap). Why did it blow out the cap? Temp of motor was Between 180-190 degrees. Oil Looks GOOD Coolent is Clean ( oil Free) And car still running good? What or why did the coolent spry out the cap all over? What made it do that?

Please someone let me know what happen: O ya i let the car Idle and it would go to 190 than drop to 180-182 so its not getting hot.

Please help

Im sure hope the HeadGasket isnt failing under boost allowing the pressure to do that?

Whistler98

Reaction score
I don't think it would leak out of the coolant cap if it was a headgasket. could you poss have to much coolant in there?

97blackgt

Reaction score
i would guess it came out of the overflow, or maybe your cap doesnt have a good seal...u could pressure test it or just buy a new one.

OP
OP
C

cmher18

Reaction score
Update KNOCK ON WOOD

But i went to the ford dealer and got a new cap. I also took out a little coolent. But i may have to add alittle later. After 2 Hrs the coolent was about 1/2" High. I went out and drove for about 3 miles with like 5 hard pulls And Nothing came out. So my Headgasket leaking under boost thought. Doesnt sound like it Becouse i would think it would do it everytime. SO i may be good Ill have to keep an I on it

Adam

Reaction score
if you have bubbles in the coolant or it blows out the cap/overflow, then your gasket isn't blown enough to allow coolant into the oil, its just pressurizing the coolant system. Usually the car will get a little warm when this happens though. Its sounds as if though yo umay have had a bad cap.

OP
OP
C

cmher18

Reaction score
I do have very small Air bubbles. but car doesnt run warm 180-190 degrees

ripper

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing and sorry to say it bud but it was a blown headgasket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online