Guys PLEASE HELP ME decide on what to do to my car...sleeper or sweet?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well I've got a white 95 GT with nothing done to the looks of the car is aluminum finish 03 Cobra wheels, diamond clear headlights and corners with 6000k HIDS, and H&R SS springs. You can see in my sig my mods and its a solid 11 second daily driver. Now my snag is I can't figure out what I want to do with the car...I love the look of the car below and if I had to do anything I would do the same hood and front bumper. But part of me wants to leave it looking stock so I will get more races. I don't know what to do...should I leave it looking stock and make people wonder what the hell just happened when they think my car is a exhaust and intake GT or should I give them a hint of what I have with the look of the car below? :dunno:

waxed6.jpg

ryclef331

Reaction score
No offense but I'd love to see you try to run 11s with JUST those mods. Spray a big enough shot, you COULD do it with a tire worth a shit but I HIGHLY doubt, you can run 11s.

As for the looks...Looking at the car, it doesn't "look" intimidating. It looks great don't get me wrong. But if it was parked somewhere, I'd say it probably runs 13s. I really wouldn't see backing down from a car that looked like that so I'd say go for it. Big and skinnies, lumpy idle, cages, blower whine, intercoolers....THOSE are trademarks of a fast car. Not bling bling wheels and lip spoilers.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ditto on what rycleff said. there is no way your going to get to the 11's with what ya go. maybe a dual stage big shot of nitrous. its alot harder than people think. i say sleeper. ive always enjoyed it.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I like the way your car looks the way it is.
Your mustang looks simply awesome though.
I also don't think your car will run 11's but,with the right
mods and big enough shot of Nitrous Express 11's are possible.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Guys I own a 10 second Cobra, I know what it takes to run what. The car has the potential to run 11's with ease on the single shot. The debate isn't about if it can run that or not I'm asking opinions on looks. I know its not going to look intimidating...I wasn't worried about that. I just know if I see a clean car with a hood then it more than likely has alittle something to it as opposed to a stock bodied car.

And I will have times up as soon as I can get to the track. With the way the car runs it should be a high 12 second car on street tires, deep mid second car on tires, and a high 11 second car on the juice with tires.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
I like the way your car looks the way it is.
Your mustang looks simply awesome though.

Pointing out that the red car in the original post isn't mine...didn't know if you knew that or not. :dunno:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Guys I own a 10 second Cobra, I know what it takes to run what. The car has the potential to run 11's with ease on the single shot. The debate isn't about if it can run that or not I'm asking opinions on looks. I know its not going to look intimidating...I wasn't worried about that. I just know if I see a clean car with a hood then it more than likely has alittle something to it as opposed to a stock bodied car.

And I will have times up as soon as I can get to the track. With the way the car runs it should be a high 12 second car on street tires, deep mid second car on tires, and a high 11 second car on the juice with tires.

Wait wait wait....

Are you saying your car would run 12's on motor with a good hooking tire?

<awaiting confirmation

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Wow I noticed I haven't updated my sig.... :nonono: I'm an idiot. Hold on let me fix it.

Edit: fixed. I also have BBK shorty headers that I forgot to list. ::) Sorry again for the confusion.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I would keep the stock hood unless you have clearance issues under the hood.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Wow I noticed I haven't updated my sig.... :nonono: I'm an idiot. Hold on let me fix it.

Edit: fixed. I also have BBK shorty headers that I forgot to list. ::) Sorry again for the confusion.

haha...Now we're on the same page. I'm not one to jump on anyone but I had to throw the BS Flag up on that.

Now THAT sounds like an 11 second ride.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would do whatever you think looks the best, if you're happy with how it looks now then no sense in putting more money into it :)

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I did the sleeper thing for a long time,and it was truely fun to see the expressions on the other guys faces,but I have gotten tired with the look,so now I'm in the process of changing that. Besides,it doesn't take very long for the word to get around town about your ride......esp when you're trying to be a sleeper,those are the ones that everbody talks about the most.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online