Guys wanna see a pretty basic and somewhat boring fox build????

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Some new sounds. Nothing earth shaking lol.

35de1pk.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Some new sounds. Nothing earth shaking lol.

35de1pk.jpg

Anything is better than the old worn out da prey stuff. Pioneer has always made good equipment whether you bought their cheaper stuff or high end.

I can’t remember if your year had the common ground wiring like the 87-93 foxes had. If so, time for a total rewire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I can’t remember if your year had the common ground wiring like the 87-93 foxes had. If so, time for a total rewire!!!

Ground for the radio? The plug for the cars power supply to the radio was broken. So I pulled the red power wire from it and ditched the rest. I have the radio grounded to a dash to fire wall bolt. Ran the memory wire to a fuse link. Car never had rear speaker wires when I bought it, so those are all new and the dash speakers are new also with new speaker wire ran directly to the radio vs the speaker wire plug that came factory.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ground for the radio? The plug for the cars power supply to the radio was broken. So I pulled the red power wire from it and ditched the rest. I have the radio grounded to a dash to fire wall bolt. Ran the memory wire to a fuse link. Car never had rear speaker wires when I bought it, so those are all new and the dash speakers are new also with new speaker wire ran directly to the radio vs the speaker wire plug that came factory.
What he is talking about is an OOOOOLD wiring system for the speakers where there would be a single ground, common to all 4 speakers rather then the floating ground system we are use to today where there is a + and a individual - for each speaker. A common ground system has 5 wires for 4 speakers and to wire a new floating ground radio into that system means you need to separate the grounds normally by just running new speaker wire to each speaker.

The OLD old fox bodies were a BIATCH to do because on top of this wiring system the radio was installed in the dash at the factory, and then the dash installed in the car. You either had to take the entire dash out(the correct way, never did it) or while they were still fairly fresh/new you could pull/flex the dash up while another guy cussed and wiggled it out the back of the dash.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah only the premium sound foxes with the amp in the dash had 8 total speaker wires.

The rest had the dreaded 5 wire.

But if your running all new wires your good to.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can only imagine the celebration that the installers in the install bay did the first time they pulled a deck out from the front with the din keys and then plugged directly into the harness. They seriously went from one of the most difficult cars to integrate into to one of the easiest in the matter of a few years.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Got my amp, best buy had it on sale for $73...it'll do the trick for me. Also got my console finished up...don't mind the goofy piece below the shifter knob...it''s gone lol. Finished up my pillars with some tweets

28a46.jpg

24qo45j.jpg

r2qaaf.jpg

2mi22rd.jpg

Again, the weird piece under the shift knob is gone...came with the knob...looked dumb as hell so I just put and black jamb nut under it called it a day lol

2ilj7dw.jpg

Reaction score
I love your interior!

I used to be really big into car audio, but now a nice set up 6.5" components up front and a 10" sub in the back is all I need.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I love your interior!

I used to be really big into car audio, but now a nice set up 6.5" components up front and a 10" sub in the back is all I need.
Same here lol. I haven't had any serious db's in over a decade.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, good crisp, clean sound is all I want. Fortunately, I don't have it at all! My radio barely works in my 2000 ;)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with a hatch all you really need is a good single 10 and it can surprise a LOT of people. I had a customer back in my best buy days(so the same general line of gear) that with a single 10 and a pioneer amp that could hit 145db if IIRC. I always loved hatch backs and if the s550 came out with one I would be crying.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had 2 10’s in a band pass box in my probe gt in high school. Hit so much harder than my buddies 15’s in his Cadillac’s trunk.

In his cadies defense, their trunks use to be separated from the cab by a metal firewall. Helped reduce the spl.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had 2 bazooka 6.5's in my ranger in high school because it was about all you could fit back there. After a couple of years I wanted to upgrade to a jl 8 so I sold my buddy the bazookas and was soooo disappointed when the 8 just didn't seem to do as well as the 6.5s did. Then I sat in my buddies firebird with my old 6.5s bouncing around loose in the hatch and was really pissed as I thought he traded them for a set of 10s.

Reaction score
with a hatch all you really need is a good single 10 and it can surprise a LOT of people. I had a customer back in my best buy days(so the same general line of gear) that with a single 10 and a pioneer amp that could hit 145db if IIRC. I always loved hatch backs and if the s550 came out with one I would be crying.

I'd burp a 142.7 db with a 10" sri in a ported box with only 300 watts in a 2 door blazer. A friend of a friend had a termlab and we spent all day tweaking this box, playing with the visors and seat(s) position, etc. It was fun day. In its normal dd box turned to like 35hz it'd do a upper 130's on music all day.

Most people don't realize how loud 145db actually is.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Went back and forth on seats for quite a while. Racing style seats are ok and I think the last 4 sets of new seats that I've bought have been racing seats. I just couldn't bring myself to doing another set. Wanted a classic, muscle car style seat. Lowback with hugging bolsters. I like how these turned out. Procar Rally seats from Jegs.

witf8.jpg

n1vu2s.jpg

5plhcw.jpg

nxrpf9.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Went back and forth on seats for quite a while. Racing style seats are ok and I think the last 4 sets of new seats that I've bought have been racing seats. I just couldn't bring myself to doing another set. Wanted a classic, muscle car style seat. Lowback with hugging bolsters. I like how these turned out. Procar Rally seats from Jegs.

witf8.jpg

n1vu2s.jpg

5plhcw.jpg

nxrpf9.jpg

Those almost look like a factory set of seats on steroids. They don’t really come at you like a set of aftermarket seats.

I like!!!

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Those almost look like a factory set of seats on steroids. They don’t really come at you like a set of aftermarket seats.

I like!!!

Right! I didn't want some wild ass looking racing seat in an otherwise subtle interior lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online