Gymkana 7 - Ken Block + awd mustang

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was a great video overall but am I the only one that thought it sounded funny? It almost had an import sound to it, like finely tuned. Maybe I was just expecting 800 whatever hp V8 to sound more raspy, I suppose.

EDIT: Maybe I just haven't spent any interest (time) indulging in the new engines.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
When you start getting into those rpms and fluctuate rpms so much it will do that... of course you don't hear many guys bouncing off the rev limiter like that

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When you start getting into those rpms and fluctuate rpms so much it will do that... of course you don't hear many guys bouncing off the rev limiter like that

I meant just at idle, after reading about the numbers coming out of the engine I was expecting a nastier sound at start-up.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are on crack.
Sound pretty good to me. Doesn't always need a big lumpy cam with open headers to sound good.

torch318

Reaction score
It's a Roush Yates motor sounds like a Sprint cup motor to me.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are on crack.
Sound pretty good to me. Doesn't always need a big lumpy cam with open headers to sound good.

I simply meant the general sound of the engine. I was actually surprised to read that it was a Ford V8. It's sounds Italian or something, nothing to do with the cam.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

RichV

Reaction score
Dear Ford,

Please build me the worlds 1st AWD early gen Mustang. In exchange, my other sponsors will block off the streets of LA while I show off my mad skills in a kick ass video that will be seen by all car nuts in the world via internet. Needs at least 800hp, sequential trans, and a hydraulic hand brake.

Oh, I hope to see it at SEMA this year, Thanks!! KB

Lol. Must have went down something like that. Sounds legit.

The car actually left the convention center as we were leaving too, sounded nothing like the video. He was right in front of my SVO on the drive out but never got on the loud pedal. I did. :)

torch318

Reaction score
Lol. Must have went down something like that. Sounds legit.

The car actually left the convention center as we were leaving too, sounded nothing like the video. He was right in front of my SVO on the drive out but never got on the loud pedal. I did. :)
Is it street legal?

torch318

Reaction score
Not sure. Leaving the SEMA grounds were a lot of cars without plates. And the PO-po were pulling people over left and right.
Wouldn't think on a build like that they would bother with registering it. When are you going to post up some pics from SEMA?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chris Harris walkthrougwhiplash473 he explains the sound a bit.

Funny, I was just talking to my old mana bout this an hour ago. He read about this car in the newspaper and asked me about it. I showed him the video on my phone and he said basically the same thing I thought. Which was "sounds like a V10 more than a V8."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.