H.I.D. Conversion?!

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Steve-Oh, Dec 24, 2006.

1. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

why did you go 12K?

2. badass98svt

badass98svt Well-Known Member

Ya, 12k is way too "purpley".
    I went with 6k and they are extremely white!

3. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

I have the same headlights (smoked from B.O.I.). Where did you get your Benz projectors from?! If i sent you everything would you do the fitting? I'm having the feeling i'd screw it up somehow.

Lol i'm honored! O0

4. kspilly

kspilly New Member

These projectors are a little large in size. I had to cut out a hole in the back of the housing and make an extension to cover everything up. You don't notice the extra, and there is room behind the header panel for it.

I don't think I'm up for doing retrofits for other folks just yet. I've done 3 vehicles now,(all my own cars), and each one required some minor upkeep after installation. I'm constantly checking to make sure everything is staying aimed correctly, and things are nice and secure. The bi-xenons add some weight to an otherwise lite housing, so there could be some issue.

Your best bet is to go to hidplanet.com/forum.com and read up. I think there are some folks on there that will retrofit for others. O0

5. Demolisher

Demolisher Active Member

i meant 10K i was gonna get 12k but i chose 10K i got the numbers mixed up LMAO

6. kspilly

kspilly New Member

I have 6K in my Cobra, and they are rather blue. I had purchased a set of 8K for my Jeep, but I think they are more like 12K in color, very purple. Glad they're in my SUV where most high end ones have the purple look. Don't think they'd last very long in my car considering the police in my area are rather picky about the aftermarket colored lighting. :police: