H pipe install minor turbulence

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Well... I got a mac o/R H 75% installed. Everything went smoothly (as smooth as it can w/o a life laying on your back lol) getting the factory crap out. However, on the DRIVER'S side, the two studs came out with the nuts, so now they are stuck in the stock H. So I went to the dealer I work at to buy new nuts and studs, and of course they have the nuts but no studs. So now my car is laid up for a few days for several dollars worth of metal.

I fired it up for sh*ts and giggles, and the passenger side is all done, so on the right side it sounds like a muscle car, and on the left side it's open manifold so it sounds like a truck. I can't wait to finish!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i started mine with open headers after i installed my vt heads and comp cams....it was loud and it just happened to be 11pm on a weeknight ;D

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
haha I started mine at 8 AM lol. I started really early to account for any hangups, hauled a$$ working real quick, then got stopped by 2 studs. lol

I'm betting with those cams it had to sound 10X better

Foster98GT

Reaction score
My install was a nightmare. Long story short we got all the bolts loose but the pass, side exhaust manifold. I sprayed with PB Blaster and the dam thing wouldn't move. I ended up putting everything back and going to a muffler shop. It took him almost two hours of heating and turning to get this same bolt loose. It was a bitch, he was fairly pissed off by the time he was done. I'm just glad we agreed on a price before the work began.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Mine went very smooth. The night before I put a plastic bag over the nuts and bolt and let them soak in PB blaster all night. When I woke up i sprayed some wd40 on um and they came right off.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
luckily, early thsi year i dropped the H to fix my trans. My buddy and I had to use a torch to heat the bolts. So a month ago when i swapped the pipe, the bolts came right out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online