H&R supersports

16 with a 97 GT

Reaction score
I just got my car lowered yesterday and I was wondering if it will settle any more because it doesn't look as low as others with supersports

OP
OP

16 with a 97 GT

Reaction score
Yeah it looks good now but I can't wait for it to settle. But if I get it aligned and then it settles more will it need aligned again. I am getting it aligned friday because it snowed here today which sucks because I can't drive it.

97blackgt

Reaction score
how long does it take to settle...i wouldnt think very long?

idk but i need to get some springs also..how much did u pay for the H&R's?

4point6GT

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
im gona be ignorant...
what the heck does it mean to settle?

Im guessin for them to break in, like shoes. Like maybe ur car dont look that low at first but in a couple days or a week they will lower to a certain height. just a guess.

97blackgt

Reaction score
yeah something like that

the weight of the car compresses the springs to a certain height...after that they will be compressed with enough tension, and bounced over bumps a few times so that they will lose thier initial spring

Daywalker

Reaction score
I was wondering the same. I switched the the SSs because of how great other people's rides looked with them installed. Mine have been on for like four or five months now, and they still haven't settled as much as I'd like them to. Although, I only drive it once or twice a month...... ;D

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
shean hyland says to drive the car 30-45 miles before alignment. :drunk:

SlickGT

Reaction score
Just be patient. It took about week of driving for my eibach sportlines to settle.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Took a few weeks for mine to settle, but I don't drive my stang daily. I would wait until it settles before you get an alignment, otherwise it might be off when it settles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah