Handheld SCT tuner opinions

JP3

Reaction score
I blame it on my job, but I was just sitting here ordering tuners for customers and it put the idea in my head that I needed one. The car has nothing special on it (intake/x pipe and exhaust) but because I thought about it....makes me think I need it ha. for the moment I still tell myself that I am going to leave it like this, but I did the same thing with my truck and it ended up with a blower, intercooler, injectors, tune blah blah blah. Basically I am just curious if this is going to be a waste of money or if there are some small features on it that may make it worth it. Also, I beat up my vendor and got it really cheap so that makes it better

RichV

Reaction score
Well, maybe start out with letting us know whether you have a V6 Tempo, or some year of a SN. An what tuner you think you want?

Lots of good knowledge here on tuners.

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I have an SCT X4 handheld for my '04 with Lifetime Bama Tunes from American Muscle. I do like it, it definitely woke my car up and helps the mods I keep adding to her. I like that each time I add something to her, I simply email them and 2-3 days later I have a new tune including what I've done recently. Not everyone loves Bama, and I'm sure it's not the best out there, but I like it and it has helped my performance.

Once I get my cams in, I'll probably be going with a tune from Hypermotive Performance to make sure I'm getting the full potential out of my car, since at that point I 'should' be finished with modding.

OP
OP
JP3

JP3

Reaction score
Well, maybe start out with letting us know whether you have a V6 Tempo, or some year of a SN. An what tuner you think you want?

Lots of good knowledge here on tuners.

the title had the tuner in it, and I doubt everyone saw my intro thread so I should have said that. its just a 01 cobra

got rid of the SES light cause I was able to get around the rear cats, trac off all the time is convenient and adjusting idle was nice. never thought I would feel a difference power wise so it was nice not being let down ha ha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online