harbor freight 2 ton low profile jack

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html#.Uy0AcYUtqUs

So i brought this jack today and this puppy is heavy! Weighs 100 pounds but feels like 200 pounds. Anyway i have a couple problems. When i took it out the box i notice there was a big huge blob of grease sitting at the jacking joint. It was all over the jack. I dont know if this is normal or not. But i would expect it be at the lower joints and not all over the top and stuff.

The other problem i have is the jack is hard to pump. I mean i had to jump on the jack with my body weigh to jack it after a certain amount of pumps. I was told this is because its "quick pump" but is it suppose to be so hard to pump?

Could i have brought a defective jack? I don't think the oil is suppose to be 1 big glob on the top surface of the jack. Im close to taking it back for another, but dont want the same issues and @ 102 pounds boxed it its a ***** to transport back to the store in the mustang.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I would exchange it and get the alum one they have in there add for 59 bucks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You will never see me underneath my car being held up by anything with their name on it. They are known for cheap tools and 10 ft/sec warranties if you don't buy the extra one, that's all. There are some things I will buy there but anything electronic or heavy duty or safety, idunno there are better places to go.

Suspect

Reaction score
I have that jack.. id return it and get another. I have 2 others from HF that ive had for years with no problems.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
You will never see me underneath my car being held up by anything with their name on it. They are known for cheap tools and 10 ft/sec warranties if you don't buy the extra one, that's all. There are some things I will buy there but anything electronic or heavy duty or safety, idunno there are better places to go.
you should never be under a car with just a jack anyways

but i do see your point, a decent jack can be had for about the same price as a harbor freight

ive never owned a harbor freight jack but my buddy swears by them. i have used them and he has one thats about 15+ years old and works awesome and he also has a low profile aluminum that works good but it is HARD TO PUMP

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have occasionally heard of these people, someone's best friends sister-in-laws boyfriends little brothers uncles father that has a harbor freight tool that they have been using for 30 yrs and NEVER had a problem with it. I have also heard of these animals like horses with wings that could fly...........

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd take it back and exchange it too..
The quick pmp uses 2 pistons. 1 big for moving a large amount of fluid lift the pad quickly till it make contact with what ever your lifting. Then the smaller piston kicks in and that's when leverage starts being used
Sounds like you small piston isn't working.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm returning this bad boy. Damn it. I went thru so much trouble of moving the crappy boxes and getting the almost perfect looking box lol

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
ehh i feel that way about their rivet guns too. ive had probably 3 or 4 different brands from craftsmans, snapon, arrow, and some other crap but they all broke. my $6 harbor freight rivet gun has outlasted them all

Tommy92

Reaction score
I think cheaper jacks are fine.. Just make sure you get good jack stands and never go under with just the jack. Well, this should be for every type of jack not just the cheap ones. Just get it replaced for a new one.

Handz

Reaction score
My next jack will be a HF jack. I will be needed a new jack soon as my 10 year old craftman jack is acting a little weird. All the new craftsman jacks look really shitty.... So the next best bet for me is the HF aluminum jack.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My $59 HF aluminum jack has been working well for several years now. My craftsmen aluminum jack broke in one summer and got returned. It was 3X the cost of the HF one.

I didn't expect much from a $59 aluminum jack but I have been pleasantly surprised.

They had a bigger/low profile aluminum jack in a recent add that I may buy for in the garage.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I have occasionally heard of these people, someone's best friends sister-in-laws boyfriends little brothers uncles father that has a harbor freight tool that they have been using for 30 yrs and NEVER had a problem with it. I have also heard of these animals like horses with wings that could fly...........

I have a HF rotary polisher (Makita knockoff) that has seen almost 8 years of heavy use and still going strong.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the Chicago pneumatic? Got an angle grinder and a air file from them, both lasted maybe an hour with regular oiling...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online