harbor frieght

Addicted

Reaction score
Hey Blak, were did you buy your jack stands with pin only?
You could drill your own instead of buying new jack stands. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a set of 6 ton stands last year, the jack has large deep teeth and great lever wedge to teeth contact. I will post a picture later of them, you might like them.

Notthenow

Reaction score
I had the HF 6 tonners that were recalled and took them back and now I'm a bit spooked (I always triple check any jack stands before getting under the car) so if I can't find a locked or pinned model I may drill either my old 3 ton units or any new 6 ton I find. I need to watch ttocs video too. Any ideas on a pin in terms of hardness? I wonder if is it better to go with a softer steel that will deform, but not snap?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had the HF 6 tonners that were recalled and took them back and now I'm a bit spooked (I always triple check any jack stands before getting under the car) so if I can't find a locked or pinned model I may drill either my old 3 ton units or any new 6 ton I find. I need to watch ttocs video too. Any ideas on a pin in terms of hardness? I wonder if is it better to go with a softer steel that will deform, but not snap?
I don't think this is the thing you want to act or hope that you know what would be best. Go with something off the shelf.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Yeah, good point. I found Blak's stands at Blaine's Farm and Fleet. They are Larin's at about $65 a pair. Nice price, but a few knocks on weld quality. Then I found Torin, but the base is small. Finally found Esco. Best so far and about $50 each.

Notthenow

Reaction score
I saw those too. Not sure how the pin and teeth interact. I will probably stop by TS and check them out. I really like the Larin and Esco pin idea especially getting the stands at equal height without counting teeth showing.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I saw those too. Not sure how the pin and teeth interact. I will probably stop by TS and check them out. I really like the Larin and Esco pin idea especially getting the stands at equal height without counting teeth showing.
it looks like a regular lever style stand that just has a pin as a double locking system. It seems so simple...

Notthenow

Reaction score
Yeah seems like it should be, wish I could get a nice close detailed look. Hopefully they keep some in the store. I think they stock the 3 ton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online