hard start / high idle and check engine light

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Like title states, ive been having some hard start and high idle problems for a few weeks, but no check engine light, and no idea what was causing it.So I ran the tank down to empty, To get rid of any or all of my "winter" gas. So I refilled it back up to full. and now it's starting and idleing fine. So I took it for a drive the other week AND ran and started fine/ normal idle around 900 to 1000 rpms, With no surge. So now it has sat all week,I started it up, it started up fine, and but with a higher idle/ surge and then would idle right around normal 9to1k. So i let it sit to warm up, the idle went up higher,So I looked at the tach its now sitting idle at 2,000 rpms and the check engine light is on.

So I ran the codes, I get 3 codes, 1 .was " 10" which is something about a communication error,2. code (123) and 3. code (543)

So i looked up in my book what those codes are they are described as below

1. code #( 10)= some kind of "error" or communication code?

2. code# (123)=throttle position sensor above maximum voltage and say test condition ( o,c)

3. code # (543)=fuel pump secondary circuit fault and says test condition ( 0,c)

So are those codes for faulty TPS= throttle postion sensor and bad fuel pump, or it sounds like a wireing problem being its circuit./ voltage issue with both?

Anybody have any input?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would clean and reinstall the TPS, see what happens. Go ahead and vacuum check it and clean the IAC while you're at it.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
I would clean and reinstall the TPS, see what happens. Go ahead and vacuum check it and clean the IAC while you're at it.

I cleaned it all and its still ideling at around 2,000rpms and check light was off until i drove it it came back on it and hanging idle again at 2,000 rpms I think im just gonna buy a new tps sensor and drop it in and see if it fixes the problem

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Make sure your upstream o2 sensors aren't going out and your passenger side gasket is not leaking before the sensor. I do not know if its the same setup on modulars but this happening to my car. It would idle rough then shoot up to 1500 rpms then idle down, very weird behavior.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.