hard tops for convertible mustangs?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The ones from Smoothline are listed for 94-04. There are a few options for them as well, including a hoist system to install in the garage.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke to a guy who had an OEM one on his 1995 Cobra. He spoke about it as if it was some ancient greek artifact.

There was a guy with an OEM one at the Old Fort Mustangers show last year in Fort Wayne Indiana too. Same thing.... Greek artifact. He had some custom rack made out of PVC to set it on when he took it off during the show.

xs man 27

Reaction score
I think they look cool and def something different,,, best thing I like about the look is you can always switch it up .. does anyone know if you keep your original convertible top when you install this or top needs to be removed...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they came with a stand to put it on. I think it was a $3500 option on the car when new so not many were done. Looks cool to have a hard top with the back windows down though.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the hard top option on the Cobras was $1825. I didn't think it was an option you could just order on any convertible, i thought they only made a set number?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Ford only made 300 hardtop 95 cobras. That is the only year they were made from the factory.

Only came in black too, came with a custom rack for it. They can fetch a hefty price, I have tried to sell one.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ford only made 300 hardtop 95 cobras. That is the only year they were made from the factory.

Only came in black too, came with a custom rack for it. They can fetch a hefty price, I have tried to sell one.

this. I've had the pleasure of seeing 3 in person. Jizz.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

they made 499 Cobras. some people claim to have factory GTs with the stock hardtop too.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
they made 499 Cobras. some people claim to have factory GTs with the stock hardtop too.

good call on the #.. 499 is right.

There were some hardtops tested on V6/Gts apparently. But they were not officially released and the #s so low that if anyone owns one it is probably sitting in a bubble or in a private collection..

Otherwise no, there were no GTs

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
apparently the prototypes made their ways into collectors' hands but a guy on facebook swore up and down he bought his hardtop vert GT off the dealership lot that was next to a v6 hardtop vert. he couldn't offer any proof though, typical.

95opal

Reaction score
good call on the #.. 499 is right.

There were some hardtops tested on V6/Gts apparently. But they were not officially released and the #s so low that if anyone owns one it is probably sitting in a bubble or in a private collection..

Otherwise no, there were no GTs

100% agreed

I didn't think it was limited too the cobra myself.

499 is the number and it was a cobra only option as onyx stated $1825 with the stand.

I know someone who bought an oem cobra hard top and stand..still sitting in his garage never even installed it on his gt.
There is some fabrication that has to be done to get it to mount correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online